Moto Z2 Force will get Android 9.0 Pie

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Excellent! I saw this in an email from the Moto Blog yesterday. I'm very happy with the Z2 Force so far. Nice to see it will get at least one more OS update.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Awesome for my Z2force boo for my G5plus

It feels like Motorola's cadence is -
unless it's an Android Enterprise device, Motorola is now going with -

Moto Z/Moto X: 2 OS updates, quarterly security updates for two years
Moto G: 1 OS update, quarterly security updates for two years
Moto E: quarterly security updates for two years

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
It feels like Motorola's cadence is -
unless it's an Android Enterprise device, Motorola is now going with -

Moto Z/Moto X: 2 OS updates, quarterly security updates for two years
Moto G: 1 OS update, quarterly security updates for two years
Moto E: quarterly security updates for two years

My experience with Lenovo's "quarterly" security updates on my Moto X pure edition was an occasional update at first.... but not quarterly, then over a YEAR before the last update.... which wasn't officially even supposed to be the last one. And it wasn't just the mxpe as alot of you know. Lenovo cannot be trusted when it comes to updates, they closed down a good portion of the Moto division, and I think they're just spread to thin, with too many phones to deal with, to do the job right.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My experience with Lenovo's "quarterly" security updates on my Moto X pure edition was an occasional update at first.... but not quarterly, then over a YEAR before the last update.... which wasn't officially even supposed to be the last one. And it wasn't just the mxpe as alot of you know. Lenovo cannot be trusted when it comes to updates, they closed down a good portion of the Moto division, and I think they're just spread to thin, with too many phones to deal with, to do the job right.

I'm referring to newer devices, 2016 and on. What I posted above seems like it started with the Moto Z introduction +/- a quarter.

Motorola is meeting my update expectations.

udazavlanje

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
not sure about ATT model. just got it today and it says "up to date" - still running Nougat 7.1.1!

Just got update notification
Downloading security patch for September 2017

Seems like they are very slow with new software update notifications. Just got another one now after checking again.
Should be fine but tomorrow I guess.
Other Motorola phones I had would start pushing with updates immediately after the first boot , one after another.
This one took a half day after manual checking just to to get started with 1.

Last edited:

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
im on a TMO model. says security patch is nov 1 2018. im guessing thats not the latest update.
My Verizon Z2 Force has the 1 Jan 2019 security patch. And sounds like AT&T models are getting it now also. My wife's Z2 Play just received the Feb 2019 security patch over the weekend so we should have that soon also (I would assume).

VZWsucks

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Pie is finally here!!!

I have to charge my phone first, can't wait....I'm excited!
1433e0a5a59b3dc89fe25cc3524e868a.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez