Youtube in browser?

cwhummel

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
this might be a dumb question, maybe i'm just doing it wrong. I try to watch youtube videos in the browser, and they just flash yellow when i try to hit play.

isn't the flash player supposed to make this possible?

maxiang

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
this might be a dumb question, maybe i'm just doing it wrong. I try to watch youtube videos in the browser, and they just flash yellow when i try to hit play.

isn't the flash player supposed to make this possible?
Tap the play button after you get the yellow flash.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Works perfectly fine for me. Is this issue new? Also, have you rebooted the phone and tried again?

Rev.

cwhummel

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
when i use the youtube app, it will only play "mobile" videos. alot of the videos in my playlists wont work.

Rebooting doesn't help.

I have showcase, but it doesn't really help the situation.

cwhummel

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
yes. any video that is embedded into a site works fine. its just whenever im trying to watch music videos on youtube in the web browser, that is the problem.

Mr.Geek

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Try getting Flash Player 10.1

flashplayer.png

Mr.Geek

maxiang

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hez6tDpiWDA

this is just one of them, and no, its just the stock browser.
Thanks! Nothing like first hand info :D
Looks like it won't play on the mobile site, and doesn't trigger the YouTube app to play.
If you scroll to the bottom of the page and click on desktop, it will switch off of the mobile site. You may need to reenter the URL to get back to the right page, but it will play through flash ;)
You may want to cruise the market for "Dolphin HD". I love it especially for the android/desktop toggle add on. One click switch between the two.

Reactions: cwhummel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87