Will Droid 2's will be cheaper after the iPhone's release?

girlinthesw

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I want a Droid 2. I've scoped a bunch out on eBay over the last few weeks. However, the bidding still gets crazy high (most sell with a minimum of 20 bids, and a used 2, not even the global, goes for 200-300 easily). I have the X (not my choice, it was a gift and it became REALLY apparent that taking it back for exchange wasn't an option.
Anyways, now I've heard that quote "I should wait to buy one, because after the iPhone gets released, droids will be cheaper on eBay because more people will be switching to iPhones". Do you think it's true? Will Droid's be going for cheaper after the iPhone's release? :-\

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
They may but I don't think the price is going to drop drastically. If you have just gotten the Droid X, and you don't it anymore, I would definitely take it back and get the Droid 2. It seems like the easiest solution.

jdbower

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
You can catch a temporary glut if you're lucky, but don't expect a price decrease from Verizon until the next-gen Droids get released. Mercedes doesn't drop their prices because there's a new Prius ;)

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Maybe if you're getting on some promotion, or from a third party.

The demand is there.. why would they lower one of their better phones.

jfarling

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I just got my droid 2, I do not think the price is going to drop too soon (used to work for them and am aware of how they work), but they made the mail in rebate instant online.

girlinthesw

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That came out wrong. I realize VERIZON won't drop the price (why should they?) I mean from third parties, like on eBay...private sellers..with the iPhone coming into the market, do you foresee Droid 2s increasing in quantity on eBay? And therefore, because the supply is much greater, the price being a bit lower? Does that make any sense?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JackMarkers