Droid Pro or Driod 2?

jonsigler

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I switched to Verizon last week after having my fill of Sprint. I had a BB 9650 with Sprint. The battery and keyboard being what I loved about the phone. I am more concerned with work than play on my phone.

Got a Droid Pro when switching to Verizon. Andoird does so much more, it has the physical keyboard, etc.

I feel it is underpowered or something. It is slow to switch screens, load emails, basically there is a lag to almost everything. Like it is a cheap starter phone. Seconds matter to me when you see them add up all day long with everything you do on the phone. I've added only a few programs, and this problem was present before adding them.

Thinking of exchanging it and going with something else. The Droid 2 I have read good things about. It has a larger processor, more internal memory (I think).

Anyone with expedience with both the DriodPro and Droid2? Suggestions?

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
The Droid 2 is a good phone but is old in the line up. If you can wait there will be newer devices coming out soon. If not its still a good phone on Verizon. I would personally go with the DroidX or Incredible though.

jonsigler

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Cyber Warrior, I'm a fan of a real keyboard of some kind. I had a brief love affair with an Evo a few months ago and learned I like keys to click for much more than the most basic of messages.
I have a week left on the exchange policy, so I can't wait for any new phones that could be coming.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I never thought I could be typing on a virtual keyboard... I change the vibration intensity to make my keypad feel like I'm actually typing on a physical keyboard.(Gingerbread)

Back to the topic... I would also side with Cyber Warrior on getting the Droid 2.

Best of luck.

ishore99

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
If it is speed that you want, yes the Droid 2 Global is the one you want. Remember that a new keyboard is sticky at first. Once you have it broken in after several uses it is great. I am an old BB fan but you won't see me go back.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I switched to Verizon last week after having my fill of Sprint. I had a BB 9650 with Sprint. The battery and keyboard being what I loved about the phone. I am more concerned with work than play on my phone.

Got a Droid Pro when switching to Verizon. Andoird does so much more, it has the physical keyboard, etc.

I feel it is underpowered or something. It is slow to switch screens, load emails, basically there is a lag to almost everything. Like it is a cheap starter phone. Seconds matter to me when you see them add up all day long with everything you do on the phone. I've added only a few programs, and this problem was present before adding them.

Thinking of exchanging it and going with something else. The Droid 2 I have read good things about. It has a larger processor, more internal memory (I think).

Anyone with expedience with both the DriodPro and Droid2? Suggestions?

I wouldn't describe the Droid Pro as being slow found anything. The phone is screaming fast. But I would definitely choose the Droid 2 OVER THE Droid Pro any day.