Droid 2 Global unlocking problem...

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I bought a Droid 2 global from ebay, clean esn etc.. I live in Mexico and I want to use this phone with gsm band and i bought the famous unlocking codes from ebay. The problem is that they didn?t work. I saw a post and they say that calling verizon they give you the unlocking code but since I live in Mexico and I?m not a verizon customer, how can I get that code?

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
if it is a clean ESN i think you may still be able to call up verizon and have their global customer support give you the unlock code. Thats what they did with my old blackberry storm when i hacked it onto Alltel before the buyout.

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes, thats what I'm gonna do tomorrow. Call them. I call them in the morning but the number i dialed was wrong. So I'm trying tomorrow and I'm gonna investigate how to dial to USA.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
PM me, if you give me all of the device information i'll call them and say that you sold me the device and i need to get it unlocked for a longterm oversees trip i'm going on soon.

Reactions: Rev2010

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Cory, you are freakin' awesome. That's so kind of you to do that for another forum member! Major kudos.

Rev.

walderrama

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone knew anything from what happened with the unlocking? .. I'm having the same problem, but I'm from Chile ...

I've bought codes from ebay but they didn't worked, also called VZ requesting the codes and the same answer was given, as long as I'm not a VZ user, they just wont give the unlocking code.. I even offered'em to pay a contract, and then let them charge for the codes or anything, and a huge no was the answer... even motorola global support cant do anything (yes I called'em too)

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
you have to be a verizon customer saying that you are going to use the device on another GSM carrier so you need it unlocked. The verizon wireless user needs to have the device in hand and have a sim card for another GSM carrier on hand.

fishman2014

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Where in Chile do you live walderrama? I'm in la serena trying to get this damn D2G to work with Entel...I'm currently awaiting a different method to unlock it from the store that sold it to me.

(ah, y me encanter?a hablar en espa?ol pero pienso que no le quedar?a bien en este forum. Pero de todas maneras, saludos! :))

walderrama

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
@fishman2014 I'm from Santiago, and I'm trying to make it work trough Entel too, even tryed to make Entel get the codes, as they are VZW partner, but no solution that way either...

let me know how you solve it ...

TheMiz

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
you have to be a verizon customer saying that you are going to use the device on another GSM carrier so you need it unlocked. The verizon wireless user needs to have the device in hand and have a sim card for another GSM carrier on hand.

Does it need to be the actual sim card you are going to use? Or just any old sim card from another GSM carrier ?

mhansaq

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
and you have to be activated on the Verizon network witch only done one you are physically in the US. That's what I've been told by Verizon agent.

Plaid Otter

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Lots of conflicting advice and experinces here. Did anyone get a workable answer to a Droid2 unlock question? I am in Chile, too, with a Verizon phone that is useless (very not happy about that). An Entel sim does nothing, not even start it up.

If someone had a real answer or solution to unlocking for us here, please let me know. Thanks!

- Plaid Otter in Bah?a Inglesa/Santiago