alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
For a dual core phone, I was expecting much less, or no lag at all. This thing is slow and stuttery. My Dinc2, and even old DX was better then this.

Is it all VZWs crap they installed on it? I tried to factory reset, and it didnt help. I love the phone but its so slow its almost unusable, waiting 1 second from button press to action isnt acceptable on something this advanced.

Am I alone?

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
The only thing I have come upon is redrawing the home when coming out of massive apps. It does it so quick that I had to look for it after someone else posting about it. I have heard that LauncherPro does not have this issue.

Nothing else resembling lag for me.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Can't say as I have noticed anything I'd call lag.

Although I (only) have about 600 MB of apps loaded and I'm not a big widget guy.

Anyone complaining of lag, it would be a lot easier to understand what you are seeing if you can videotape it and put it on Youtube or somewhere so we can see what your getting.

-Suntan

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying launcherpro on this right now but, and I never though I would say this, blur is sexier. The transitions are better than all the options and I like my sorted app drawer and my group "No VZW BS"

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
My app space is no where full, about half a GB, and I only had a couple of widgets. As an experiment, I put LauncherPro on it, and Boom, almost no lag. That just shows me that Motorola and Verizon screwed the pooch once again. How can the people that actually make the phones, cripple them with such bad software?

Id rather use stock, but if LP works better, I guess ill stick with it.

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
My app space is no where full, about half a GB, and I only had a couple of widgets. As an experiment, I put LauncherPro on it, and Boom, almost no lag. That just shows me that Motorola and Verizon screwed the pooch once again. How can the people that actually make the phones, cripple them with such bad software?

A word of caution, the 3d drawer option sent my phone haywire, I had to reboot three times to get to where I could turn it off.

aaronhdtv

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

I was experiencing terrible lag too so I did a factory reset. Now the device is as quick and snappy as it should be.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Guess ill have to keep messing with it. Im willing to bet my firstborn that its some piece of crap VZW software thats causing a problem.

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I did another factory reset, and its working much better. I think Backup Assistant was part of the problem. The first 2 times, it wasnt set up right, and would hang on connecting. I dont use it so I just left it. This time I went through and set it up properly and got it to connect, and the phone is working much better.

aaronhdtv

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Text input was waaaaay behind. Opening apps, menus within apps, closing apps, returning to the home screen, turning the screen on and off...pretty much any action you could think of was lagging behind. I was ready to throw the device at the wall!

alpha752

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Text input was waaaaay behind. Opening apps, menus within apps, closing apps, returning to the home screen, turning the screen on and off...pretty much any action you could think of was lagging behind. I was ready to throw the device at the wall!

Yep that was pretty much my experience. Much better now.