Confused about my Droid 3 Order..

shanshor

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
So I bought the phone at a corporate VZ store, but they didn't have any in stock. The saleswoman said that it would ship in about 10 days. I was not given any sort of order number or tracking number for my purchase, which I thought was odd. Reviewing the receipt, I don't see any number there either, except a six digit one which doesn't work with Verizon's site. I then assumed that I would have gotten an email, but I have not. Also, the 200 charge hasn't yet appeared on our account online. Just wondering what was going on; I'm a bit confused. :D
I'm leaving next week for a trip, so that's why I would like to know the tracking number.

I would like to say that I'm very excited about the device, and look forward to joining the community here!

hh72385

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Try calling verizon customer service *611 I believe from your cell phone. They should be able to tell you if your order was shipped and tracking numbers. The store you bought it from should also be able to give you that information

heathro1281

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So I bought the phone at a corporate VZ store, but they didn't have any in stock. The saleswoman said that it would ship in about 10 days. I was not given any sort of order number or tracking number for my purchase, which I thought was odd. Reviewing the receipt, I don't see any number there either, except a six digit one which doesn't work with Verizon's site. I then assumed that I would have gotten an email, but I have not. Also, the 200 charge hasn't yet appeared on our account online. Just wondering what was going on; I'm a bit confused. :D
I'm leaving next week for a trip, so that's why I would like to know the tracking number.

I would like to say that I'm very excited about the device, and look forward to joining the community here!

I am in the same boat. Your account will be on hold until Monday when they are expecting to ship the next round of D3s out to customers.

Basically they are stalling because they are short stocked.

shanshor

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
So I called *611 and the system says that my order has been "received and activated." I find no way to get my order number, though. And do you mean that all of last weeks orders will likely ship monday?

heathro1281

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So I called *611 and the system says that my order has been "received and activated." I find no way to get my order number, though. And do you mean that all of last weeks orders will likely ship monday?

Yes, I just called 15 minutes ago and was told by my representitive that she cant see the stock on hand, but it will ship monday and I would get my email Monday after midnight.

shanshor

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I just called 15 minutes ago and was told by my representitive that she cant see the stock on hand, but it will ship monday and I would get my email Monday after midnight.

I called again and was also told that it would ship monday, and that Fedex would email me "on monday," but didn't specify a time.

Im glad to see that the same information is being told to customers; it at least makes it look like they know what they're talking about xD

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Was told mine would ship on Monday the payment already went through but no shipment info at all or even an order number

royolpunk

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Trust me. I really don't want to say what I'm going to say but here goes....

An xda developer who works for VZ and a friend of mine that also works for VZ told me that all drills and back orders won't be filled until august 12(my bday:p)
Meaning we won't get it until august 15...

I ordered one yesterday and the rep also told me I would be getting it Wednesday

I don't know who to trust anymore -.-

shanshor

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
Trust me. I really don't want to say what I'm going to say but here goes....

An xda developer who works for VZ and a friend of mine that also works for VZ told me that all drills and back orders won't be filled until august 12(my bday:p)
Meaning we won't get it until august 15...

I ordered one yesterday and the rep also told me I would be getting it Wednesday

I don't know who to trust anymore -.-

It could have something to do with when they were ordered. Mine was this last Thursday, the 4th.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Well just got the email saying mine has been shipped will be here on Wednesday oh well at least it's not a longer wait

shanshor

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I just checked my email and mine was shipped on saturday!

EDIT: it looks like it was actually sent to the Fedex place today. I wouldn't have expected that since its a sunday?? oh well. And like others have said below me, mine is also scheduled to arrive wednesday.

Last edited:

royolpunk

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
does verizon send out shipments everyday? id think so since if they didnt theyd have like 2x the load the next day and that would be terrible

i ordered yesterday around the evening(4:00pm), hopefully if i get lucky ill receieve it on mon or tuesday :p

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I ordered mine Friday when I initially talked to the rep she said I would have it on Tuesday but one extra say of waiting isn't that bad

Edit
When I get this I would have had every version of the droid except the d2g hopefully this will be the beat of the line just hope we Motorola unlocks the boot loaders like they claim

shanshor

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine Friday when I initially talked to the rep she said I would have it on Tuesday but one extra say of waiting isn't that bad

Edit
When I get this I would have had every version of the droid except the d2g hopefully this will be the beat of the line just hope we Motorola unlocks the boot loaders like they claim

Yeah I had a Storm, then got the Pre, and considered the Droid line both times, but didn't care for the products at the time. However, it seems that motorola has really stepped up their game with this device. I hope it lives up to my expectations, having never used android before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87