How to turn off location services at night?

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey there to all

Just wondering if anyone knows of an app similar to the original smart actions that has the ability to turn off data and location services during the night?? Currently in use battery widget fee born, that does everything except for location services.

I have heard of tasked, but I looked at it once and didn't really like it, if anyone knows of something similar that would be great.

B

Posted via Android Central App

MightyPup

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
You could just go into the phone's settings and turn off the location services for Google and what not, but I'm not aware of an app that does everything you're asking for.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Battery widget reborn will turn my data off every night on a schedule which is nice, I'm looking for something that does the same thing just with the location settings.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey there to all

Just wondering if anyone knows of an app similar to the original smart actions that has the ability to turn off data and location services during the night?? Currently in use battery widget fee born, that does everything except for location services.

I have heard of tasked, but I looked at it once and didn't really like it, if anyone knows of something similar that would be great.

B

Tasker will let you do this and much more. You can also try Llama, which is similar bit easier to use. I do not know all the functionality for Llama because I used Tasker.

With the battery on the Maxx, I find that I have not bothered with Tasker yet on this phone, as extending battery life was my main purpose. However, I did have it set up to automatically text people on birthdays and similar events, so I probably should take the time to set it back up...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

djousma

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I use Condi. Great app. Also disables mobile data when connected to wifi. Love it!

Sent from my XT1080m using Tapatalk

I dont get the benefit of this? Not using mobile data anyway when on WIFI. Does it save power? I guess I was under the impression it would not since the radios are on anyway to make/receive phone calls.

bkircher

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man for the reply, I read somewhere that you can't turn off location settings without a root, with sucks.

jfriend33

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I dont get the benefit of this? Not using mobile data anyway when on WIFI. Does it save power? I guess I was under the impression it would not since the radios are on anyway to make/receive phone calls.

Yes it does save a few percent overnight. Not ten or anything like it would on a gnex.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk