Problem with Qualcomm Toq Email Notification

sddenizen

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I may be the only one in the forum who owns both the Droid Maxx and the Qualcomm Toq smart watch. If not, I would like feedback from others with the same electronic gear. The problem is that since the Toq software update of 1/6/14, email notifications on the Toq only show the name of the sender and not the text of the email. This appears to be unique to the Droid Maxx as I also have a Moto X and there is no problem with Toq email notifications when using the Moto X. Has anybody else experienced this problem?

I have had extended discussions (email and telephone) with Qualcomm support and they acknowledge the DM specific problem and hope to have a resolution in the next software release. If not, Qualcomm will refund the purchase price for my Toq even though the time period for returns has lapsed.

Otherwise, I like the Toq and its "always on" Mirasol color display.

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Same phone, same watch, same problem. You're not alone. My Toq is on the shelf until they fix it. If the Pebble Steel shows up sooner, the Toq may never make it back onto my wrist.

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Weird.

I have a MAXX and the Toq. But my email notifications come through just fine.

I just tested it, too. See below. (I pixelated the sender name.) Oh, and forgive the stupid text. Autocorrect. Heh.

Are you guys running KitKat? I am not. I'm still on 4.2.2.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1390662761863.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1390662761863.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 19

WallaceD

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Ah. So it's an incompatibility with KitKat notifications, maybe?

Sorry this is happening. Yet another reason I'm glad I have yet to update, I guess.

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm. I use the Note 3 and the kitkat update hasn't arrived yet on my phone. I think I'll pass first until others have confirmed that the Toq is A-ok with kitkat on Note 3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alee

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
For those holding their breath wondering if the latest update fixes notifications on Droid Maxx Kit Kat, the answer is no.

Glen Cook

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Has this been sorted? You guys are welcome to try my app eNotifyLite. I recently added a Toq applet for email a few days ago [Screen shot below]. It is in beta at the moment. But it should work reasonably well. I've been running it on a kitkat enabled S4.

eNotify delivers the full email to the watch as well as offering commands like reply and delete message. It supports IMAP, POP3 and Exchange via IMAP or EWS.

collage-2.4.png