Phone Responds to OK Google From Off Position

edison2012

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Background... I performed a factory reset since I was upset about the significant reduction in battery life following the May upgrade. Reloaded all my apps, retrained "OK Google Now," et cetera. Today I noticed my phone responded to "OK Google" alone. I didn't need "OK Google Now." Did I miss something. I don't remember reading that the entire phrase wasn't required any more. I'm not upset, I always thought the phrase was goofy, but hey, it worked. I always wished I could train it to my own phrase.

Getting new phone fever again, but all I hear is about the Moto X+1. My poor Droid Maxx doesn't get much respect these days. Hard to believe it's now free with a 2 year commitment and it hasn't even been out a year. Guess there are too many other sexy phones out there. Remember, too, that's want, not need. My Maxx does everything I need it to.

edison

tat21985

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
With the latest update to Nova Launcher, they included the command OK Google from the home screen, which is awesome! And it doesn't require the search bar widget to be present.. I haven't used the voice command for very long, but for the time that I have, being since the end of February, I've always been able to use OK Google, just my 2 cents

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Background... I performed a factory reset since I was upset about the significant reduction in battery life following the May upgrade. Reloaded all my apps, retrained "OK Google Now," et cetera. Today I noticed my phone responded to "OK Google" alone. I didn't need "OK Google Now." Did I miss something. I don't remember reading that the entire phrase wasn't required any more. I'm not upset, I always thought the phrase was goofy, but hey, it worked. I always wished I could train it to my own phrase.

Getting new phone fever again, but all I hear is about the Moto X+1. My poor Droid Maxx doesn't get much respect these days. Hard to believe it's now free with a 2 year commitment and it hasn't even been out a year. Guess there are too many other sexy phones out there. Remember, too, that's want, not need. My Maxx does everything I need it to.

edison

I believe there was a google search update that made it possible.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Found this and it was already turned on. Is there somewhere else?

rymahuqa.jpg

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

edison2012

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm, I could get the "Ok GOOGLE " phrase to work on my Note 8 tablet, but only from within the Google app. Each time I tried it my phone would activate. 😄 obviously Moto optimized its hardware for this capability. Since Google is rolling out this feature to the whole Android community, I suppose it's just a matter of time before before the other hardware makers take advantage of that capability . I keep getting seduced by other handsets, but I'm still enjoying the feature set of my MAXX. All the buzz seems to be about the proposed X+1, nothing about a new DM.
BTW, the factory reset I mentioned in my original post seems to have restored much of my original battery life. I enjoy those moments when I'm out with my friends and they frantically search for an outlet, a charger, or make that trip to the car to get a quick charge and I'm still over 60%. Still luvin' the battery.