Droid Maxx (16 gb)

ldragon76

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I read on a couple different websites that this phone is weather resistant. However I have only seen this in a few places. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it is "splash resistant". Obviously you can't swim with it but within reason it is sealed and the internals coated.

ldragon76

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok so basically I can get some shots in light rain without issue? Love taking pics. Thanks for reply BTW :)

Sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
How come they changed it to 16GB? The one I bought in October was a 32 GB. Is the new one a better phone?

Also, the 16GB one listed on the Verizon says it is XLTE ready. Are the old 32 GB Droid Maxx's XLTE ready too? I really don't notice any speed change and I'm in area where XLTE is available.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
How come they changed it to 16GB? The one I bought in October was a 32 GB. Is the new one a better phone?

Also, the 16GB one listed on the Verizon says it is XLTE ready. Are the old 32 GB Droid Maxx's XLTE ready too? I really don't notice any speed change and I'm in area where XLTE is available.

They never officially revealed why the change, but the new Maxx replaces both the old Maxx and the old ultra. I'm sure that part of the reason was to reduce the cost of the phone, and, since they were removing the ultra, to reduce the number of skus that they carry without losing the people who don't need 32gb of storage. The phone was out 9 or 10 months when they made the change, and all major OEMs had new models of their phone by then, so I'm verizon figured that everybody looking for top of the line specs was looking elsewhere right now.

It's not a better phone. Everything's the same except the amount of storage and the casing.

The phone has been able to do xlte since last November, well before Verizon started calling it xlte. It's just band 4, which was added with the early November jellybean ota on the original Maxx, ultra, and mini.

BlueLions81

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
They never officially revealed why the change, but the new Maxx replaces both the old Maxx and the old ultra. I'm sure that part of the reason was to reduce the cost of the phone, and, since they were removing the ultra, to reduce the number of skus that they carry without losing the people who don't need 32gb of storage. The phone was out 9 or 10 months when they made the change, and all major OEMs had new models of their phone by then, so I'm verizon figured that everybody looking for top of the line specs was looking elsewhere right now.

It's not a better phone. Everything's the same except the amount of storage and the casing.

The phone has been able to do xlte since last November, well before Verizon started calling it xlte. It's just band 4, which was added with the early November jellybean ota on the original Maxx, ultra, and mini.

I'm glad I got the 32 GB version. The android operating system itself eats up 6.52 G so that would only leave 9.48 G for everything else with the 16 GB version. That wouldn't be enough for me. They should've kept the other one and gave people a choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skeera