Multiple pictures received in text messages as video

Sourapples

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have a Droid Maxx and I use the standard messaging app that comes pre-installed on the phone. Whenever someone sends me a MMS text which includes multiple pictures it comes to my phone as a slideshow. If I want to save any individual pictures I need to save the whole attachment then go into my gallery and delete any of the photos I don't want. Is there anyway to have them come through as single pictures as was the case with every other phone I've owned? Thanks for your help!

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
That is so maddening, and is the number one reason why I stopped using the stock messaging app.

One solution is that the slide show can actually be paused if you tap the screen, and then you can manually skip to the next photo with the onscreen control. Perhaps a better option, though, is to install a third party messaging app from the play store, such as Google messenger, which properly displays multiple photos in mms messages and has none of the other bugs in the stock messaging app.

After you install a third party app, go into settings / more... / default sms app.

You can try the app out and, even if you don't like it, uninstall and switch back to the stock app without losing any messages - they will still be in the messaging app, including the ones received by Google Messenger.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....google.android.apps.messaging&token=Xd-PEDPe

Last edited:

Sourapples

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey There! I wanted to thank you for the suggestion and comments. Glad it's a normal thing and not just my phone or user error. I will try that app instead of the stock messaging one. Sorry I didn't reply much sooner but I was on vacation for a while then when I returned I forgot I posted it! :D

BlueCollarGuy

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I've been reading and decided to give Messenger a try. Works fine for my first test but how do I get it to show the number of text(s) waiting to be viewed like the stock app did? The stock app shows the number of texts not viewed beside it but Messenger doesn't (and Messenger is set to default app). Thanks in advance!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer