How can I get my Selfie Stick to work with my Motorola Android?

A

AC Question

Selfie Stick wont connect to my Motorola Android

Trying to set up my bosses selfie stick, it connected to my Samsung Galaxy 4 and worked just fine but when I plug it into his Motorola Droid Maxx it doesn't even register that I plugged anything in and I cant figure out how to make it work

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Selfie Stick wont connect to my Motorola Android

Welcome to Android Central! I assume it's the type that you plug into the headphone jack, and not a Bluetooth stick, right?

Open the camera app, and check its settings for an option to have the volume button act as the shutter release. Make sure that's turned on.

Justine Perkowski

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I had a similar issue and was able to set the volume controls to trigger the camera - but only by manually pressing them. Still does not work with the selfie stick plugged in to the headphone jack. Any ideas?

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site

Even with wired headphones the volume controls do not activate the camera. Perhaps there is a camera app that supports using bt volume controls to activate the shutter?

In fact, I just looked. There is an app called Remote Shutter Camera by Mobile Apps Studio. It has a bunch of one star reviews, but it may be worth a try.

Jakayla Pattin

Sep 23, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I assume it's the type that you plug into the headphone jack, and not a Bluetooth stick, right?

Open the camera app, and check its settings for an option to have the volume button act as the shutter release. Make sure that's turned on.
I didn't work damn

Dr j rao

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
motorola e and panasonic mobiles are some odd ones. while i am working on motorola i could get an app that works for panasonic p51. try coolplay camera from google play. simple and a very small app of just 2 MB unlike camera 360, you cam etc.

kwadguy

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Won't work. It's not the settings on the camera app, or what camera app you use. It just doesn't work with the Droid Maxx. (For the Droid Maxx, you need a selfie stick with a Bluetooth actuator).

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Won't work. It's not the settings on the camera app, or what camera app you use. It just doesn't work with the Droid Maxx. (For the Droid Maxx, you need a selfie stick with a Bluetooth actuator).

Use Moto voice. "Ok Google now, take a selfie." That should work.

Adrian James2

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
I downloaded an app called woofie camera from google store and works great on my moto g now with my selfie stick or u can just shout cheese and it takes pic, i didnt have any camera settings on my phone and my selfie stick didnt work atall untill i installed this app :)

Last edited:

Hunk_2

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site

The problem has to do with the gyroscope. Download selfr from the Google play store. It's a selfie stick app that allows you to set the command level. On the app go to preferences and set it for about between 30,000 and 40,000.
I hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95