Droid Mini SMS & MMS Problems

Kevin Hanes43

May 13, 2014
Visit site
have been getting this message when I hit on just a certain text message.... "Unfortunately, Messaging has stopped" Also when I send texts i looked in the message details & was wondering why does it say in Cause Code: Addrs. Vcnt., 0 what's going on? I've had nothing but problems with this phone

Posted via Android Central App

jeff1999

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem also; my mass texting is not working and every time i try to send a text is says that "unfortunately messaging has stopped". It also wont receive messages when its in MMS. This problem just started when I upgraded to the 4.4 version. It worked just fine before that. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks

jeff1999

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply; i tried this but it the text messaging is still not working. Would doing a factory reset fix this problem?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A factory reset might help, but it's hard to tell. As long as you don't mind the hassle of restoring your phone afterwards, it's fine to try it.

psychoD33x

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem on my maxx. I got fed up and tried a different app for messaging. Switched to textra and it works fine

Posted via Android Central App

SherryH1962

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
My coworker's Droid Mini sms notification kept beeping at him all night even though there were no messages coming in. He had to turn off and restart to make it stop. Any suggestions as to what might have caused it?