LV/ULV Kernal Effects on Signal Strength

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Hey all--

So I've been running around with my Droid and all its rooted goodness for quite a while now. I've played around with many ROMs (CyanogenMod, Ultimate Droid, Project Elite, Pete's Stock GB, etc) as well as many kernals. Lately, I have been using Project Elite 5.2 with Pete's SV 600 Mhz kernal. It's a little choppy, but I did notice an increase in battery life as well as a (perceived?) increase in signal strength. Is the signal strength all in my head? How do Low/Ultralow Voltage Kernals affect radio power and signal strength? I work in a basement, and signal strength is already bad because of it. Am I shortchanging myself in the signal department by using an LV/ULV Kernal? I hope this makes sense, and thanks for any input!

Bryan

hounddog88

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I have used Lv and ULV and have not seen any differances to signal strength at all, but I may not be looking that closely either.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

May 26, 2011
Visit site
some say that it has no affect on signal strength but I work inside a plant around tons of stainless steel and concrete walls. I ran Chevys LV 1200 kernel and I used setCPU to set max speed around 1000 with minimum of 250. After a few nights of working with no service I finally loaded droid concepts rom that came with their 800mhz kernel and I saw an improvement of 2 bars in most areas. This is just personal experience and I do understand that all droids arent the same and that different kernels react different ways on the droids. So if your like me and you find something that works keep a fresh nandroid before going to anything else. :)