So I'm pretty sure this phone doesn't have a fingerprint scanner.. which is a major bummer. I've been waiting for functioning fingerprint unlocking for a long time now and now that it is here on android side I feel like every high end phone should offer it.

Droid Turbo is one of the best phones I have ever used, was really looking forward to the sequel but I am not buying a phone without a fingerprint scanner.

Others might disagree with it being that important, so what do you think?
    10-27-2015 03:31 PM
    You're correct, it does not have one.
    10-27-2015 03:40 PM
    So I'm pretty sure this phone doesn't have a fingerprint scanner.. which is a major bummer. I've been waiting for functioning fingerprint unlocking for a long time now and now that it is here on android side I feel like every high end phone should offer it.

Droid Turbo is one of the best phones I have ever used, was really looking forward to the sequel but I am not buying a phone without a fingerprint scanner.

Others might disagree with it being that important, so what do you think?
    I'm with you. Everytime I pull my Turbo out I have to press the power button, do the swipe up from the bottom of the screen, and then enter my PIN pattern. I sure wish I could reach into my pocket, place my fingertip on the sensor and by the time I pull the phone out and hold it normally it is powered on and ready to use.

I'm also disappointed in no optical image stabilization.
    Would have liked stereo speakers.
    Should have come with Marshmallow right from the get-go.

I guess I'll hang onto my T1 for awhile. It's been a great phone and I don't see enough in the T2 to upgrade.
    philly, Aquila and SupraLB like this.
    10-27-2015 03:41 PM
    The lack of fingerprint sensor on the new Moto lineup is my biggest complaint. It's probably not quite a deal killer, but I really wanted one.
    10-27-2015 04:24 PM
    The lack of fingerprint sensor on the new Moto lineup is my biggest complaint. It's probably not quite a deal killer, but I really wanted one.
    It's not a deal breaker for me either, right now. But I think the arrival of sensors on the Nexus models that are of high quality will make it more of an expected feature this coming year, and could hurt for Motorola's sales.
    YAYTech and philly like this.
    10-27-2015 08:05 PM
    It didn't really matter to me either way. I have it on my note5, and it works great, but to be honest my turbo i never locked anyway.

I would rather them work on a good fingerprint scanner for another year than to get a crappy one like the note4 has.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!
    10-28-2015 03:48 AM
    Not a deal breaker. I wish that they'd put it on, but I'd rather have a polished fingerprint scanner than a sloppy one. I'm hoping it's in the works for the future.
    10-28-2015 11:14 AM
    It didn't really matter to me either way. I have it on my note5, and it works great, but to be honest my turbo i never locked anyway.

I would rather them work on a good fingerprint scanner for another year than to get a crappy one like the note4 has.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

it's not 2014 anymore. I find it amazing that a top tier company
    like Motorola can't put a decent fingerprint on a phone that's
    only $39 cheaper than the Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

before 2014, I was like "why the heck would I want a fingerprint
    scanner on a smartphone?" After living with my Note 5 for a
    while, I can't imagine using a phone without a fingerprint scanner.

It's like asking me to to insert an actual key into keyhole of my
    new car to lock and unlock the doors. What's next? Manually
    operated car windows?(remember those things?)

Having said that, I can't find anything else about the Droid
    Turbo 2 to complain about. It's a cool phone.
    philly likes this.
    10-29-2015 12:43 AM
    I don't remember what my original title was.. but I'm not sure why someone felt the need to change it..
    10-30-2015 02:58 PM
    I don't remember what my original title was.. but I'm not sure why someone felt the need to change it..
    'No fingerprint unlock?' was the original title.
    10-30-2015 03:14 PM
    Good thread titles identify what device we're talking about and what the question or comment is.
    10-30-2015 03:24 PM
    Good thread titles identify what device we're talking about and what the question or comment is.
    fair enough
    10-30-2015 06:35 PM