The DROID TURBO 2 does not have a fingerprint reader/scanner

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
So I'm pretty sure this phone doesn't have a fingerprint scanner.. which is a major bummer. I've been waiting for functioning fingerprint unlocking for a long time now and now that it is here on android side I feel like every high end phone should offer it.

Droid Turbo is one of the best phones I have ever used, was really looking forward to the sequel but I am not buying a phone without a fingerprint scanner.

Others might disagree with it being that important, so what do you think?

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: No fingerprint unlock?

So I'm pretty sure this phone doesn't have a fingerprint scanner.. which is a major bummer. I've been waiting for functioning fingerprint unlocking for a long time now and now that it is here on android side I feel like every high end phone should offer it.

Droid Turbo is one of the best phones I have ever used, was really looking forward to the sequel but I am not buying a phone without a fingerprint scanner.

Others might disagree with it being that important, so what do you think?

I'm with you. Everytime I pull my Turbo out I have to press the power button, do the swipe up from the bottom of the screen, and then enter my PIN pattern. I sure wish I could reach into my pocket, place my fingertip on the sensor and by the time I pull the phone out and hold it normally it is powered on and ready to use.

I'm also disappointed in no optical image stabilization.
Would have liked stereo speakers.
Should have come with Marshmallow right from the get-go.

I guess I'll hang onto my T1 for awhile. It's been a great phone and I don't see enough in the T2 to upgrade.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site

The lack of fingerprint sensor on the new Moto lineup is my biggest complaint. It's probably not quite a deal killer, but I really wanted one.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

The lack of fingerprint sensor on the new Moto lineup is my biggest complaint. It's probably not quite a deal killer, but I really wanted one.
It's not a deal breaker for me either, right now. But I think the arrival of sensors on the Nexus models that are of high quality will make it more of an expected feature this coming year, and could hurt for Motorola's sales.

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

It didn't really matter to me either way. I have it on my note5, and it works great, but to be honest my turbo i never locked anyway.

I would rather them work on a good fingerprint scanner for another year than to get a crappy one like the note4 has.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

Not a deal breaker. I wish that they'd put it on, but I'd rather have a polished fingerprint scanner than a sloppy one. I'm hoping it's in the works for the future.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

It didn't really matter to me either way. I have it on my note5, and it works great, but to be honest my turbo i never locked anyway.

I would rather them work on a good fingerprint scanner for another year than to get a crappy one like the note4 has.

Sent with my white Note5 with nonremovable back and no SDcard!

it's not 2014 anymore. I find it amazing that a top tier company
like Motorola can't put a decent fingerprint on a phone that's
only $39 cheaper than the Samsung Galaxy Note 5.

before 2014, I was like "why the heck would I want a fingerprint
scanner on a smartphone?" After living with my Note 5 for a
while, I can't imagine using a phone without a fingerprint scanner.

It's like asking me to to insert an actual key into keyhole of my
new car to lock and unlock the doors. What's next? Manually
operated car windows?(remember those things?) :)

Having said that, I can't find anything else about the Droid
Turbo 2 to complain about. It's a cool phone.

philly

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

I don't remember what my original title was.. but I'm not sure why someone felt the need to change it..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38