Cases for the DROID TURBO 2?

qonic

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
I have the naked case to put on mine and a belt pouch that suppose to be big enough with a case on the phone.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Tried a cheap black tpu case, a cruiserlite clear case, and now the Tech21 Exo Shell. The Tech21 is the winner. Great protection, and aesthetically its the best looking one. Sure its a fingerprint magnet, but any glossy-backed case is going to do that.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 204533

Just ordered the UAG for the T2. I've really been happy with other cases I've gotten from them.

OK. Got my DT2 in as well as the UAG case. The case feels very solid and rugged. Grippy rubbery dots on the back as well as sides and corners. Feels secure and easy to hold. Bigger than the DT1 with the speck candyshell case, but feels just as grippy to me. Very happy with it.

DaveTraveler

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I have been using UAG cases for 3 different phones and they are premium quality. The one for the Turbo 2 is offered in 3 different colors (clear, grey, red) and reinforced by TPU/plastic. The whole thing has a really cool industrial look, complete with fake screws. The corners are oversized and rounded for maximum protection. The lip is big and raises the screen enough, even with a glass screen protector. The back of the phone presents a nice deep recess for the whole camera module. The color accent on the back around the camera appears perfectly, cutouts are great and generous (both mikes on the back are exposed and you can plug in an L-shaped earphone plug in the 3.5 mm jack (many cases are not designed to accommodate L-shaped plugs). This is not a real double layer case, as everything is fused together, plastic, translucent and somewhat flexible plastic, TPU. The back has this grid-like look to it, but they should have reserved a small area to display the “Droid” logo, that would have been amazing. Instead you get a fake screw and the grid over it. Huge waste of design effect there. I’m using the grey version because my phone has the grey soft back. The case adds minimum bulk to the phone and increases the grip. Bye-bye to the whiners who dislike the design of the Turbo 2, the back (less shiny in real-life than in the pics) makes the phone look incredibly classy and slick. The only downside is that it is more expensive than a lot of quality cases out there, but well worth the investment in my opinion.

Attachments

• DSC06874.jpg
    DSC06874.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC06875.jpg
    DSC06875.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC06877.jpg
    DSC06877.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 79

Robin Hebert

Banned
Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
OK. Got my DT2 in as well as the UAG case. The case feels very solid and rugged. Grippy rubbery dots on the back as well as sides and corners. Feels secure and easy to hold. Bigger than the DT1 with the speck candyshell case, but feels just as grippy to me. Very happy with it.

Thanks for the heads up!

Posted via the Android Central App

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
Tech 21 seems nice with decent grip, but as a basic case, there must be something similar for less money somewhere

Moto0685

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
I am using and ottebox commuter case, i purchased when I got the phone, it does add bulk to the phone but it also makes the power and volume rockers harder to press which I like no belt clip or holster which would have been nice

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
The power button and volume rocker get on my nerves. Way too easy to press...

beeztrain

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Anyone try the life proof case on this phone yet? I see they actually added filters for the speaker and earpiece this time.

Turbo II

Nov 17, 2015
Visit site
The Otterbox Defender has the belt clip. I'm curious if anyone has tried it yet.

Yes, I purchased the Defender case when I took delivery. Since it's almost made completely of rubber, it is very "grippy" It can be seen on the OtterBox.com site under Home/Shop/Motorola Cases/Droid Turbo II Cases. Sorry, couldn't post the link yet.

I'm an electrician/ electronic tech and work in various construction and harsh environments so I needed a very durable case. It fits the bill nicely, but will add quite a bit of dimension to the device. Same goes for my old Droid Bionic, I put a good case on it the first day and the phone has lasted for 4 years with no broken screens... ever, and is still going.

Beside the obvious water exposure, another thing to keep in mind if you work construction is to keep metal shavings/ dust away from your phone. These small metal particles, say from a grinder, will find their way into a phones speaker and cause distortion. Sometimes a stronger magnet can lift them out, sometimes not.

tlacour

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
download.png

I just got this case at the local Verizon store. Great fit. Looks very nice. Very grippy back. I'm very happy with it.