How to set a notification tone for a text message for a specific contact on Droid Turbo 2?

A

AC Question

How to set a notification tone for a text message for a specific contact on Droid turbo 2

On the Samsung S4 I downloaded ringtones and notification tones from Zedge. I was able to set an individual notification tone for a certain contact when I received a text message, so I could determine who was sending the message without looking at the phone. With this new phone I have, the Droid turbo 2 I cannot find the functionality to do this. Ringtones are not the problem, they are easy to set for contacts. But the notification tone for a text message seems to be missing. Can anyone help ?

perkdog65

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: How to set a notification tone for a text message for a specific contact on Droid turbo 2

I use the VZ Message + app for text messages and it allows you to set a customized notification tone for individual contacts when you receive a text.

stew72

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to set a notification tone for a text message for a specific contact on Droid turbo 2

Handcent (Next SMS) works pretty good too for that customization you're looking for.

Posted via the Android Central App

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Chomp SMS also allows you to set individual contact sounds.

jleebiker

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site

I use the VZ Message + app for text messages and it allows you to set a customized notification tone for individual contacts when you receive a text.

THANK YOU!!!! I've been looking for this for AGES!!!! And I use VZMessage+ so no addl app required. THANKS AGAIN!!!!