SD Card Missing?

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Well I've had my phone with the SD card in it for a few days & my phone recognises it as SanDisk SD card & the card is 80 Mbps & works perfectly fine.

Posted via the Android Central App

adayoff

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Great, that's awesome! I hope it stays that way. I'll have to see what the speeds are of the SanDisk Ultra SDHC 32GB I purchased. Guess I'll have to sell it.

UPDATE :
SanDisk Ultra SDHC UHS-1 32GB "SPEED UP TO 48MB/s 320X" not recommended from my experience.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

w.troop

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the Motorola Droid Turbo 2 with a Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB MicroSD XC1 card installed. It has been working fine for months. Verizon updated my phone to Marshmallow two days ago and after a reboot I can see both memory devices. After a period of time the 128 GB card disappears. This is incredibly annoying, any ideas? I will attach two screen shots, one shows the memory and it works fine. The other shows what happens after it disappears.

Screenshot_20160427-184913.jpg
Screenshot_20160426-204237.jpg

About 15 minutes after I rebooted my phone I got this error message and the sd card is not longer mounted.

Screenshot_20160427-191459.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Could there be an error with the PNY 128 GB card? Like a few other people in this thread, I received this card in the mail and installed it as internal memory. But, about an hour later, my Moto X Pure (which I assume has the same system as the Droid Turbo 2) popped up a notification that said that the SD card was missing. I tried all the normal stuff: turning the phone on and off, removing the SD card and reinserting it, making sure the card was clean, etc. I'd rather not force my phone to forget the cards memory, especially since that still may not work in the end. Does anyone else have any other ideas, or know anywhere that I can try to get this fixed? I'd rather not risk any more money on purchasing a new SD card since I'm on a tight budget. Honestly, though, at this point, I'd do anything just to get that extra storage on my phone.

Last edited:

bigguy_132

Jan 14, 2010
Visit site
I had something similar my SD card would auto eject on reboot and I couldn't use it at all. I used a tool to test the SD card and determined that it was faulty. I had to replace it.

johni NG

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
I have already update to 6.01..but still my moto xt 1585 missing detect sd card...can any one help me? I have change with new sd card and already factory reset but still missing sd card..

jigyasa

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I had inserted my new sandisk uhs class 10 memory card in my moto g2 few days ago. Formatted it as internal storage and moved my pitures music and videos to it. Now an issue has occured and according to that after i reboot my cell after 2-5 mins it says reinsert memory card.

8ballfan831

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
sorry but ANDROID lately is very UNSTABLE and a simple thing like the above GOOD Microsd card
will work then all sudden upon reboot not work. So what are you to do? Keep your phone
on all the time. I wish the people behind ANDROID would have brains and fix this already!

it's very Annoying.

I can put same SD Card into another phone and BINGO it works forever, but I take it
out and put in my Wiko phone Poof it's MISSING

UGH SCREAM

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
sorry but ANDROID lately is very UNSTABLE and a simple thing like the above GOOD Microsd card
will work then all sudden upon reboot not work. So what are you to do? Keep your phone
on all the time. I wish the people behind ANDROID would have brains and fix this already!

it's very Annoying.

I can put same SD Card into another phone and BINGO it works forever, but I take it

UGH SCREAM
Hi, your phone Chinese brand? Most those low cost Chinese brands could cause issues your experiencing.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

it's very Annoying.

UGH SCREAM

Which Wiko phone do you have, and what Android version is it running? Was the card formatted as Internal Storage or Portable Storage?

It could be a problem with the Wiko phone's SD reader. Make sure the SD slot is clear of debris.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya