How do i stop my wallpaper from rotating and let everything rotate on my droid turbo 2?

A

AC Question

Before the last 2 updates i did on this phone, everything that could rotate did rotate except my wallpaper. And now it gets on my nerves that my WP rotates. I can turn off rotate, but then it stops ALL rotating. Please help and/or put a bug in motorola's ear.
Thank You
CraazyJerry

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Try this. Open the Google app, select 'settings' on the side menu, scroll all the way down and make sure that 'allow rotation' is switched off.

CraazyJerry

Jun 7, 2017
Visit site
Thank you Javier P. When i do that it stops all rotation. I'd like for just the wallpaper to stop rotating. I use a pic of my roadster for my wallpaper, and when it rotates, it distorts.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello Jerry! Thanks for registering! That's strange, this setting in the Google app should affect the rotation only on the launcher and not when you open an app. Is the auto-rotate option enabled in the quick settings? Also, check in settings - display what's selected in 'when device is rotated'.

KrokBunny

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
Chiming in here as this is the same on mine. It appears to be now 'all or nothing' when it comes to rotation. Before the Nougat, the home screen would not rotate even if Auto-rotate was enabled. With Nougat on the DT2, everything rotates if you enage Auto-rotate and there doesn't seem to be on option to de-select the home page from this behavior. It's like one step forward, two steps back. :-\

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if this will work with the DT2, but it does with other Moto devices running on Nougat. Long press an empty spot on your home screen - select 'settings' - Allow Home screen rotation - switch it on or off.

anon(916519)

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure if this will work with the DT2, but it does with other Moto devices running on Nougat. Long press an empty spot on your home screen - select 'settings' - Allow Home screen rotation - switch it on or off.

Thanks much - this worked! That function was annoying.

KrokBunny

Jun 8, 2017
Visit site
Glad it helped and thanks for the follow up.

Indeed, yes, this worked. Having this setting only available via this route is very counter-intuitive...why it's not there in the general settings area is kind of ridiculous.

That said, thanks for the assistance!

Last edited:

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Indeed, yes, this worked. Having this setting only available via this route is very counter-intuitive...why it's not there in the general settings area is kind of ridiculous.

That said, thanks for the assistance!
The home screen rotation is part of the launcher so kind of makes sense that this option is included there, or in the launcher app settings (Now, Nova ...), and not in the general settings.

Glad it worked for you.