Motorola Droid Turbo: Screenshots & Homescreens

Jay Evans

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Motorola Droid Turbo : Screenshots & Homescreens

The calendar widget is from Chronus (Pro). The Clock is Timley and that's the 1Weather 4x1 widget shrunk to a 1x2

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

The calendar widget is from Chronus (Pro). The Clock is Timley and that's the 1Weather 4x1 widget shrunk to a 1x2

Thanks. Are you using a launcher app? If so, how do you like it?

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Yesterdays

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-04-22-28-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-04-22-28-50.jpg
    370.3 KB · Views: 89

Jay Evans

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Nope, it's the stock launcher. I ran GNL for the first few days but wanted the notifications on icons of the stock launcher. And with the swipe up over Home/Apps to GN it's basically the same. I've run Nova and Apex before on my S3/S4 but I kept coming back to stock for some reason. May try them again.

bizzyqu

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

First android device, have a nice little set up on two pages at the moment

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 7916.jpg
    7916.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 258
  • 7917.jpg
    7917.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 257

anicholas7

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

Here's mine. I have Nova Launcher enabled 9994.jpg

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Is there away to get the Droid widget? I'd like it for my Moto X!

Thanks in advance.

R Dale D

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

My first Android device...

Attachments

• 3821.jpg
    3821.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 313

R Dale D

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site

Actually I was a BlackBerry user. I only used my wife's old iPhone for a few weeks in the interim.

And I must clarify, this is my first Android phone, not device. I have had my Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) tablet for awhile now.

Overall I am very pleased with the Turbo. Great battery and blazing fast, no lag whatsoever. I do struggle to hear on phone calls sometimes, but I have that problem with every phone I have ever used. The only thing I would like to see is more functionality in the notification settings, but I guess BlackBerry spoiled me with that.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

Dungoyle, can you tell us how you did that? I love it!
Thanks Littlejoe (Bonanza reference?). I'll list everything I used below:

• Apex Launcher (let's you customize number of screens, screen rows/columns, change icon names and replace icon images with images from icon packs)
  • Metal Icon Pack for Home screen folders and bottom row buttons (some are folders as well)
  • Other icon packs for application icons: Whicons White, Stamped White, MNML White, Big White, and ADW Elegant theme if you want something just a little less white.
  • HD Widgets for the Time/Date/Weather with battery and OK google button. That took a while to get the right combination of colors, texture and opacity to look close to metal-ish. A minimal variation of that for the left and right screens (I always like to see the time prominently, regardless of the screen I'm on)
  • Gears 3D Live Wallpaper

That pretty much covers the overall "theme". The only other widgets are the very obvious Verizon widget plus:
  • Business Calendar (Day Widget) on Left Page
  • Animated Photo Frame on the Right Page

I hope I didn't leave anything out. You could do the same with Nova as your replacement Launcher instead of Apex (I own both), I just happen to prefer Apex and have gotten used to it. Both offer trial versions.

Littlejoe919

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

Thanks Littlejoe (Bonanza reference?).

No reference. My name is Joe and I'm kinda little (5'7") was a nickname given to me while in the Air force years ago. Does this kinda build take away from any of the functionality of the phone.

Thank you very much for the detailed list.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site

No reference. My name is Joe and I'm kinda little (5'7") was a nickname given to me while in the Air force years ago. Does this kinda build take away from any of the functionality of the phone.

Thank you very much for the detailed list.
Ha! I'm 5'6 and in the Army, my SOB drill sergeant named me Mouse. Stuck with me during my entire enlistment. No, this will not impede any of the functions of your phone, and give you some additional flexibility (that comes from the launcher). And you're sure welcome.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Ha! I'm 5'6 and in the Army, my SOB drill sergeant named me Mouse. Stuck with me during my entire enlistment. No, this will not impede any of the functions of your phone, and give you some additional flexibility (that comes from the launcher). And you're sure welcome.

Are you still in? I did almost 22 years in the Army.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Thanks Littlejoe (Bonanza reference?). I'll list everything I used below:

• Apex Launcher (let's you customize number of screens, screen rows/columns, change icon names and replace icon images with images from icon packs)
  • Metal Icon Pack for Home screen folders and bottom row buttons (some are folders as well)
  • Other icon packs for application icons: Whicons White, Stamped White, MNML White, Big White, and ADW Elegant theme if you want something just a little less white.
  • HD Widgets for the Time/Date/Weather with battery and OK google button. That took a while to get the right combination of colors, texture and opacity to look close to metal-ish. A minimal variation of that for the left and right screens (I always like to see the time prominently, regardless of the screen I'm on)
  • Gears 3D Live Wallpaper

That pretty much covers the overall "theme". The only other widgets are the very obvious Verizon widget plus:
  • Business Calendar (Day Widget) on Left Page
  • Animated Photo Frame on the Right Page

I hope I didn't leave anything out. You could do the same with Nova as your replacement Launcher instead of Apex (I own both), I just happen to prefer Apex and have gotten used to it. Both offer trial versions.

Using all the "extras" (Apex, HD Widgets,e tc) - does it take a hit on your battery? I've used Nova in the past and it was pretty good. I don't really like having to use several different apps to get what you have, but it looks very nice!

What we need is an app that will back all the system setting and such (like I could do with BlackBerry back in the day) so if you need or want to wipe the device it doesn't take forever to set back up. I know there are a few that do an excellent job if you're rooted but nothing (I guess you need root to get it done) if you're not.