Motorola Droid Turbo: Bugs, quirks, problems and more

trivor

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Worth buying Today?

Verizon is clearing out their inventory of the Droid Turbo (original version) for $240. It looks like a darn good deal on a former flagship (3 GB, 32 GB (non-expandable storage - no 64 GB model, Snapdragon 805 @ 2.7 Ghz, 5.2" QHD screen, 21 MP camera (I think it's the same sensor as the Moto X (2014) - good daylight photos, no OIS, not very good in Low Light). I think it would fit a lot of people as their primary phone and would be a nice "backup" to a newer phone (I currently have a LG G4 - which I like but my B/U is Samsung GS4 - getting a little long in the tooth).

What does everyone think about the value of this phone @ $240 or $10 a month on monthly plan (obviously I'm on Verizon)?

fratman

Jun 10, 2016
Visit site
Were you ever able to resolve this? I've had the same issue since I got my phone last year, and it's getting progressively worse...

gilgamess3

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
my turbo has some problems: 1) When there is an incoming call, the phone - if in standby - doesn't allow to open the call (I have to use the power bottom, unlock, then I can open the call 2) the stock dialer, when scrolling the calls register, is too slow...how to fix these problems? Thank you
p.s. is there anyone who would sell a droid turbo, brand new, to Italy? Thanks again

definaza

Jul 19, 2016
Visit site
I used a wet charger.

I used a charger that has been used in a Samsung that fell in a salty water, The next day my Motorola refused to charge without it switching off. I believe the charger head got wet from the charging port of the Samsung as well. What do I do please?

gilgamess3

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi! Why my droid, when in standby, doesn't wake up on an incoming call?? I need pressing the power bottom to wake the phone and to answer...please help me! Then, a problem with moto voice; if I try to activate, in settings, accessibility>motovoice, I've no chance to turn on the service...why?? Thanks

PWav

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Droid Turbo since the day is came out, about 21 months ago. A couple times it has started doing weird things that I couldn't solve - after trying everything in all the various settings & apps menus and sub-menus.

One thing always solved my problem(s): FACTORY RESET.

Yes, it takes a while to set everything back up, but in the long run it actually saves time.

Roger Paul Frye

Aug 16, 2016
Visit site
I have a great phone, a Motorola Droid Turbo 2. Great features- one of the best- REALLY rapid charging...

Anyway, suddenly the phone will not give me audio notification of a new text message...I still get the visual notification, but no audio...
This persists no matter how many times I have reset the audio notification to different sounds..
I am about to hit "factory reset" but we all know the drawbacks to that, and it is truly a "last resort"
any ideas?
thanks

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Have you cleared the cache of your messaging app?

Settings > Apps > All > (your messaging app) > Clear Cache

Sometimes clearing the cache fixing things, sometimes it doesn't. Worth a try...

SilverHanded

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I have a Droid Turbo and have had it for a while now. And now, I received a random notification saying, "Activation Complete" followed by my number. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm afraid it might be hacked.

Nutterbutter5

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
So you got your new Droid Turbo and you have found a bug, quirk or problem with it. Go ahead and share and try to be as descriptive as possible w/screenshots to help others out in identifying and possibly coming up with a solution.
Why is it so hard to just get a question asked and answered so it's not your fault is the piece of crap phone I'm trying to yes okay about a month-and-a-half ago I bought a Motorola Droid it's used but but I had no reason to not believe the people that it was just there was nothing wrong with it looks perfect I mean they still have the box every little piece of paper that came with it I mean it had a turbo charger with it right what I thought right off the bat was that it didn't charge any faster than anything else but I was like okay it's used I can deal with it by the way anyway anyway eventually got where it really was barely charging at all, I figured it was the charging port because to me it always seemed a little loose and I said never charged right well I decided one day after me havingit 3 weeks , well it won't charge at all now tried 7 different Chargers that didn't work one repair person told me I should just buy a new phone,w well,it was a new phone to me,obviously if I had a lot of money I would have bought a new phone to begin with,the second repair person said it was probably the the charging port,but it could be the battery and he would not know until he got into the phone and he would not know how much it would be to fix it until he did that,etc,etc,so I have been very upset about this whole thing but I was reading something and a lady said that she was using her wireless charger all the time now because her charge port was loose,so I am just wondering if I could use a wireless charger or whatever it is called, I would at least know if it is the port if it still doesn't charge,right?????

Nutterbutter5

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Just picked up my turbo yesterday (32g ballistic nylon) and this phone is taking some getting used to. I'm coming over from a Samsung GS4. So I've just plugged the phone in for its first-ever charge. I'm doing a regular charge, not a turbo. I let the battery get down nice and low so I can give it a pretty full/max charge. I turned the phone off so that ongoing phone processes and applications wouldn't interfere with or slow the charge, but as soon as I plugged it in, it turned the phone back on. Then, while still plugged in and charging, I turned it off again, and it turned right back on. Can this phone not charge while off? Seems strange, but maybe I don't really need to worry about it? I just like to turn it off sometimes if I'm traveling or not using it or just want it to be able to take a breather. Thoughts? Thanks!

Secondly, on the swipe-down menu, when I toggle over to the view with wi-fi, location, etc., there is a big space with a contact icon (it's in the top left next to the brightness icon). It's clickable, but when I click it, it just says "contact doesn't exist." What's that all about? Who is this contact? Is it supposed to be me? Is it a recent call or text? It seems like wasted space but I'm hoping I just need to change a setting or something to make it more useful.

Also, how do I take a screen shot?

Any other hidden tricks or features with this phone?

Nutterbutter5

Sep 12, 2016
Visit site
Just picked up my turbo yesterday (32g ballistic nylon) and this phone is taking some getting used to. I'm coming over from a Samsung GS4. So I've just plugged the phone in for its first-ever charge. I'm doing a regular charge, not a turbo. I let the battery get down nice and low so I can give it a pretty full/max charge. I turned the phone off so that ongoing phone processes and applications wouldn't interfere with or slow the charge, but as soon as I plugged it in, it turned the phone back on. Then, while still plugged in and charging, I turned it off again, and it turned right back on. Can this phone not charge while off? Seems strange, but maybe I don't really need to worry about it? I just like to turn it off sometimes if I'm traveling or not using it or just want it to be able to take a breather. Thoughts? Thanks!

Secondly, on the swipe-down menu, when I toggle over to the view with wi-fi, location, etc., there is a big space with a contact icon (it's in the top left next to the brightness icon). It's clickable, but when I click it, it just says "contact doesn't exist." What's that all about? Who is this contact? Is it supposed to be me? Is it a recent call or text? It seems like wasted space but I'm hoping I just need to change a setting or something to make it more useful.

Also, how do I take a screen shot?

Any other hidden tricks or features with this phone?

Last edited:

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
First of all, please talk in sentences. That is hard to read.

Why is it so hard to just get a question asked and answered so it's not your fault is the piece of crap phone I'm trying to yes okay about a month-and-a-half ago I bought a Motorola Droid it's used

Used is always risky.

so I am just wondering if I could use a wireless charger or whatever it is called, I would at least know if it is the port if it still doesn't charge,right?????

Sure, that should work. Go to a Verizon wireless store, say that you're interested in trying out a qi charger, and see if it charges your phone. As long as you can live without attaching your phone by USB (I can), qi charging is a good workaround.

Otherwise you may have to think about trying a different phone.

zen45

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
alerts about email, and adds and about software updates on line gps all drain your phone if you don't need them running all the time turn them off ! google drains your battery down , email alerts I don't need I will read them when I get home on my pc , my GPS I only use when I'm on the road then turn it off I only use text and phone service on my phone if something else is needed I turn it on and off when I'm finished, I charge my phone on the second or third day of use

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
To take a screenshot simply press the power button and the volume down simultaneously

This requires an element of timing the presses correctly. If you can't get the hang of the timing a voice command will also work.

Say:
<your personalized Droid Turbo launch phrase>
"Zap my Screen"

Lennie Johnson

Dec 13, 2016
Visit site
I've had a Droid Turbo for a couple years, and for the past couple months, when I send a picture message by text, it wants to lock up, and say I can't send the message. Once I power down and back up, all is fine. What's the cause? Anyone else had this issue? I hate having to power down all the time, and would like a permanent fix to this. Love the phone, and this is the only quirk I have ever had with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member