Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Does your external speaker seem defective?

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
The external speaker has a vibration to it. Notifications and ringtones are affected as well as watching videos. Really bad if I get past about 75%.

Is this a common issue or is my speaker shot?

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Re: Does your external speaker seem defective?

Does anyone else's have a blown speaker/vibration sound to either media or phone sound - particularly noticeable at higher volumes?

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

Mine seems to on a few of my notification sounds.

Thanks. Just wanted to see if I was having an unusual issue. How about on media - like youtube videos? When I turn them up it is terrible.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

No. Had mine at full volume watching Thursday Night Football and many YouTube videos. Loud and clear for me.

I did have problems with the speaker on my previous phone the Droid RAZR M. Went thru 3 replacement phones before I got one with a working speaker. The others all sounded like a blown speaker, raspy, vibrating, and low volume.

Sent Turbo-fast from my bulletproof 64GB Droid Turbo

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

Yep. Didn't even think about that....thanks. HEY where are my emoji's?! Was gonna put a sad face here, lol. No emoji love from turbo?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Mine did the same thing and then I realized it was the plastic screen cover that I was leaving on until I got my screen protectors. Took it off and the bad sound above 75% volume went away.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Yep. Didn't even think about that....thanks. HEY where are my emoji's?! Was gonna put a sad face here, lol. No emoji love from turbo?

Not on Google Keyboard :(

I like Swiftkey better anyways

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

It was on google keyboard on my moto x (1st gen) just yesterday.... Or am I mistaken?

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

Mine did the same thing and then I realized it was the plastic screen cover that I was leaving on until I got my screen protectors. Took it off and the bad sound above 75% volume went away.
Yep. That was it. Thanks a million!!! Let this be a lesson to the rest of you cheapskates out there!

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site

Its funny. The android L keyboard does emoji on hangouts, but nothing else.

Posted via the Android Central App

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Yep. That was it. Thanks a million!!! Let this be a lesson to the rest of you cheapskates out there!
Don't be too embarrassed. I actually exchanged mine because of this and didn't realize my mistake until I was back in my car with my second turbo :p

russel5150

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site

,😁 they are on mine. Long press the enter button

Posted via the Android Central App

ckelly33

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site

Bahahaha. I went to exchange a phone once because the screen was easily scratched by my facial hair. The lady looked over her glasses at me and peeled off the screen protector revealing a pristine screen.

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Don't be too embarrassed. I actually exchanged mine because of this and didn't realize my mistake until I was back in my car with my second turbo :p

If I ever have to do a CLNR exchange under warranty then I hope I get your first (pristine) Turbo. Lol!