DROID TURBO: Cases

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Here are some pictures. I never could find this case at any local VZW stores or online so I had one of the stores do an inventory lookup for stores in the surrounding areas.

Posted via the Android Central App

That looks sharp Chuck! I will have to do the same (search VZW inventory). It will look sweet with my Red Turbo. :) Probably their stock will get replenished within the next few weeks, with the holidays shopping season over.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhyno81

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to add some extra info on the Incipio case. I just realized today that it is actually two pieces. It's a more rubbery inside case with a harder outer piece. It's not a dramatic difference from one to the other but you could just use the inner piece if you are looking for a slimmer phone. The dots in the nylon from the inside of the case are irrelevant so ignore complaints about them. They'll go away after a day in your pocket after taking off the case.

Namrobo

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
I got mine at the VZW store. Pure Gear slim case Clear... My Red Turbo looks... Sexy AF!
It doesnt block the mics of course, has two parallel strips on rubber running along the sides with a clear gap of polycarbonate inbetween to expose some Red. Clear back so i can show off the weave, and its not too bulky at all, no where near the ottobox thickness.
I love it.

JohnS305

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
I got my Diztronic for my black kevlar Turbo today and I really like it. I want to get something more protective and I'm torn between the Otterbox Commuter and the Incipio Dual Pro. I've used the Commuter before on my Razr M and I really liked it but the Incipio looks really nice and may be thinner. I've looked at the Commuter in the store and it looks huge.

I wanted to get something on it so I grabbed the Diztronic and I do like the then thin tpu cases but again I want more protection at least some of the time.

hannsoft

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I got my Diztronic for my black kevlar Turbo today and I really like it. I want to get something more protective and I'm torn between the Otterbox Commuter and the Incipio Dual Pro. I've used the Commuter before on my Razr M and I really liked it but the Incipio looks really nice and may be thinner. I've looked at the Commuter in the store and it looks huge.

I wanted to get something on it so I grabbed the Diztronic and I do like the then thin tpu cases but again I want more protection at least some of the time.
I have both on my BN. I find the Dual pro's feel to be far superior. Silkier and rubber-like feel, and tough. The Commuter is more plasticy and less forgiving.

Sent from my Droid Turbo using Tapatalk

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I want to get something more protective and I'm torn between the Otterbox Commuter and the Incipio Dual Pro. I've used the Commuter before on my Razr M and I really liked it but the Incipio looks really nice and may be thinner. I've looked at the Commuter in the store and it looks huge.

I'm waiting on this dual protection Tudia which looks fairly thin:

Amazon.com: TUDIA Slim-Fit CYGEN Dual Layer Protective Case for Motorola DROID Turbo Ballistic Nylon Version Only (NOT Compatible with Metalized Glass Fiber Version) (Metallic Slate): Cell Phones & Accessories

Two family members have the Incipio Dual Pro on their Turbos. I think they are excellent cases, just a bit bulky for my tastes. Hopefully the Tudia will be thinner.

Ch4dders

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread but figured I'd put it out there again.

I just got my Seidio Surface case today for my 64GB BN Turbo. Seidio cases are excellent cases and have a texture unlike any other case I have used. I received confirmation from other AC users that the Surface case fits the BN Turbo, so I grabbed it.

The case is a very snug fit but it fits. The only difficulty with it is getting the case off. It's takes some work but it does come off.

Just so everyone knows, it's now up on Amazon, so take a look and grab one. It has my five star review and comes highly recommended by me.

Seidio SURFACE Case with Metal Kickstand for Motorola Droid Turbo - Retail Packaging - Black by Seidio http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R35XP48...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4159813

Edit : just an FYI to anyone interested - wireless Qi charging works fine with the Seidio Surface ☺

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

Last edited:

mightyfacundo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it's somewhere in this thread but figured I'd put it out there again.

I just got my Seidio Surface case today for my 64GB BN Turbo. Seidio cases are excellent cases and have a texture unlike any other case I have used. I received confirmation from other AC users that the Surface case fits the BN Turbo, so I grabbed it.

The case is a very snug fit but it fits. The only difficulty with it is getting the case off. It's takes some work but it does come off.

Just so everyone knows, it's now up on Amazon, so take a look and grab one. It has my five star review and comes highly recommended by me.

Seidio SURFACE Case with Metal Kickstand for Motorola Droid Turbo - Retail Packaging - Black by Seidio http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R35XP48...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4160163

Edit : just an FYI to anyone interested - wireless network charging works fine with the Seidio Surface ☺

Posted from 64GB BN Droid Turbo

Yep, I just got my Surface case today, and I second everything said here. Great case!

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I just got my Seidio Surface case today for my 64GB BN Turbo. Seidio cases are excellent cases and have a texture unlike any other case I have used

Like I mentioned in another thread, it's hard to describe the silky smooth feel of it yet it has an improved grip. Long been a fan. And, in my opinion, one of the easiest, best operating holsters out there.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Shortly after the Turbo launched, I ordered the below case on eBay, and then cancelled the order when they updated the description to say it didn't fit the BN Turbo.

Now that some time has passed and we've seen cases not specifically for the BN version fit it (and some not fit it), I want to circle back and ask if anyone has grabbed one of these (they were among the first non-Verizon sold cases out there) and used it on a BN Turbo?

Around the same time I ordered this case I ordered another style that was out at the time, and that case doesn't fit the BN Turbo. The sides are too short to fully grip over the top of the sides of the phone. I am guessing this case is also like that, but would be thrilled to hear it fits the BN.

poa343591_1.jpg

shreff86

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Could someone with a otterbox commuter tell me the specs on the case thickness since otterbox would not tell me when I called and ask for the specs and was told they do not relase dimension specs on their cases

Thanks

teeitupmo#WN

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, they won't... no "big" name manufacturers like Otterbox..will release specs on their products. As far as they know....you could be a counterfeiter.

zackh123

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone gotten the Seidio Surface case for the 32GB BN Turbo??? How does it fit? Does it add a lot of depth to the phone? Any pictures? I'm waiting on the Incipio feather but it's taking too long

88horizon5speed

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
for what its worth I have the 64g and I have a lifeproof that I had on since new. I came from using otterbox defenders on my droid x and then gnex. I was very happy with the defenders, trust me they were tanks. I would beat the hell out of them and they never broke or my phone. When it was time for an upgrade I had only one requirement. I wanted a phone that could be waterproof. So luckily the lifeproof was made for the turbo nd I got it.

Anyway it has been a very good case, very rugged and high quality, no I havent been purposefully beating up my phone but it has fallen and no amage done. The phone is touching only rubber inside and the phone is like new when I take it out to clean. Also those who say the case muffles the sound, it is true, but it is sooo much better with the HD calling update. Im used to it and over it. Very good case. Dont have to worry now.

gadgetgeek703

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
for what its worth I have the 64g and I have a lifeproof that I had on since new. I came from using otterbox defenders on my droid x and then gnex. I was very happy with the defenders, trust me they were tanks. I would beat the hell out of them and they never broke or my phone. When it was time for an upgrade I had only one requirement. I wanted a phone that could be waterproof. So luckily the lifeproof was made for the turbo nd I got it.

Anyway it has been a very good case, very rugged and high quality, no I havent been purposefully beating up my phone but it has fallen and no amage done. The phone is touching only rubber inside and the phone is like new when I take it out to clean. Also those who say the case muffles the sound, it is true, but it is sooo much better with the HD calling update. Im used to it and over it. Very good case. Dont have to worry now.

I would have loved to put my Turbo in a Lifeproof, but I'm a belt clip kind of guy. Have you or anyone else run across a belt clip that will securely hold the Turbo in a Lifeproof? I'm currently using an Otterbox Defender, but would love for it to be waterproof, as my job has me out in the rain from time to time.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone gotten the Seidio Surface case for the 32GB BN Turbo??? How does it fit? Does it add a lot of depth to the phone? Any pictures? I'm waiting on the Incipio feather but it's taking too long

There isn't case case for the BN version from Seidio. The one that has been released is for the Kevlar version but with that being said, several members here have used the Kevlar case with the BN Turbo. Some have cut the inner felt out in areas to make it fit while others haven't had to do anything to make it work. Seidio has indicated they haven't made a decision to make a BN version but I don't suspect they will. I have used their products and really like their Dilex line.

On a side note, the holster from the Seidio Surface line will fit the Tudia TPU case and it will probably work with the Diztronic TPU case as well. The Diz is a tad bit smaller overall but both are great cases.

hal1

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
In addition to what ibcop said, if you didn't see my previous post, the dilex holster the lg g3 will sit around the turbo in a speck CandyShell grip case, so it should fit anything that's not in a huge case you wanted to use that one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty