Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Why aren't all my capacitive navigation keys lighting?

slcbtf

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
When I look at my capacitive buttons at the bottom of the phone they all light up the same except one. The app button on the left with the 2 boxes. When the backlight is on, the front box is lit up, but the rest of the icon/button is not. It almost looks like the back light isn't fully working.

Kind of tough to explain. Anyone else notice this?

d12d

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Lighting with the capacitive navigation keys

All three of my buttons seem to light up and the recent apps button lights but completely. The apps button isn't super bright since the back part is just 2 lines but the whole button lights up and is consistently light with the rest of the buttons.

slcbtf

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Lighting with the capacitive navigation keys

All three of my buttons seem to light up and the recent apps button lights but completely. The apps button isn't super bright since the back part is just 2 lines but the whole button lights up and is consistently light with the rest of the buttons.

That's a much better description. It is those 2 lines that aren't lit up. I wondered if it was just my phone or if it was similar on all others.

Thanks for the post.

Nick Faith

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Same thing here. Just activated it tonight and did not notice it right away. Doubt it is a bug, going to call Verizon CS tomorrow and ask for a replacement.

taylor91593

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
My recent apps button also does not light properly, the top right corner doesn't light. I really want to take it in and ask about it, but I feel like they will be annoyed for me bringing it in for something so small. but it does bother me that it doesn't light all the way.

Blennidae

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
My recent apps button also does not light properly, the top right corner doesn't light. I really want to take it in and ask about it, but I feel like they will be annoyed for me bringing it in for something so small. but it does bother me that it doesn't light all the way.

Mine is the same. I had to order online due to being unlimited, and I don't know if I could exchange it in a store because of that. It doesn't really bother me that much, so I just deal with it.

willypguy

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine is the same. I had to order online due to being unlimited, and I don't know if I could exchange it in a store because of that. It doesn't really bother me that much, so I just deal with it.

Bought one from Best Buy, box date of 10-03-2014. Had the same issue. Got another one, box date of 10-11-2014, and it did not have the issue. Try an exchange at the store. So what, you have unlimited. So do I, and I give the Verizon store hell when they don't sell me a phone full retail because I want to keep my unlimited.

But then again, I buy most of my phones at Best Buy because none of their associates unbox my phone before I do. Good luck.

taylor91593

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Bought one from Best Buy, box date of 10-03-2014. Had the same issue. Got another one, box date of 10-11-2014, and it did not have the issue. Try an exchange at the store. So what, you have unlimited. So do I, and I give the Verizon store hell when they don't sell me a phone full retail because I want to keep my unlimited.

But then again, I buy most of my phones at Best Buy because none of their associates unbox my phone before I do. Good luck.

Do you know if they replace phone do they also replace screen protector? I have one of the flexible glass protectors on it and I really don't want to have to pay for it again as they are $25....

guyinlaca

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Got a Droid Turbo for a relative of mine. The date on the box was 11/16/14, and the upper right portion of the app button is barely lit. However, the earpeice is loud and the ballistic nylon is firmly attached with no creaks or popping sounds. Given the problems others report, a dim section of the app switcher button seems minor.

Even if one was to try for replacement, it would be difficult to test in a well lit room. I could see customer service getting frustrated.

VooDooCC

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine looks fine. My droid 2 had it a little on the upper right corner of the right button, forget what that was. I eventually was able to ignore it.

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I had the same problem, and it appears to be an issue, because when I returned and swapped it out, the replacement phone ALSO had an issue with the capacitive keys not lighting up properly.

We finally found one that lit up properly by the 2nd replacement.

Posted via the Android Central App