Will the Moto Maxx work on AT&T's LTE network?

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Agreed, it's a shame that they don't release a version of this phone for non Verizon domestic customers, they'd sell like hotcakes. But I suppose there's a clause in their contract with Verizon giving them exclusivity in the US.

That is exactly what it is, I really like this phone, it is a shame I had to buy it from outside the country....

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Three things might make me go back to Nexus 6.

LTE Speeds
Camera
Updates

Thoughts....

I do love the size and could live with the camera if I could get better speeds on the network. AT&T

I do love the six

Posted via the Android Central App

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
And camera FX premium fixes the camera for me...so just waiting on Lollipop now

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Play around with Camera Zoom FX, it has a steady shot and best shot feature that are really nice. I will use that app for pictures that matter and use the stock for quick on the go shots.

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine from Ebay and should have it by Thursday, what else can I look forward to?

I am anxious to have it!

Thanks

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine from Ebay and should have it by Thursday, what else can I look forward to?

I am anxious to have it!

Thanks

Having mine for two weeks I can say I think you will be very happy. I have a Tech21 case and a wireless charger for mine. It is no nice being able to take it off the charger in the morning and have it last all day until I go to bed and just place it back on the charger. There is no way I could get 48 hours out of this phone but easily I get a full day of at least 18 - 20 hours with battery left.

I have no real complaints with the Maxx, but I do have two questions.

They maxxed this phone out, why not include OIS? How come the update has not rolled out yet?

I love this phone and it is working flawlessly on AT&T :)

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Having mine for two weeks I can say I think you will be very happy. I have a Tech21 case and a wireless charger for mine. It is no nice being able to take it off the charger in the morning and have it last all day until I go to bed and just place it back on the charger. There is no way I could get 48 hours out of this phone but easily I get a full day of at least 18 - 20 hours with battery left.

I have no real complaints with the Maxx, but I do have two questions.

They maxxed this phone out, why not include OIS? How come the update has not rolled out yet?

I love this phone and it is working flawlessly on AT&T :)

Thanks for the input!

Steve Passanante

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
Ok guys I need some guidance here. I Finally got my Maxx in the mail today.. fired it up moved some stuff over and then activated it in place of my note 4. Everything seems to be ok... except it only says 4g... not 4g lte. When I do a speed test I get LTE speeds but it only displays as 4g. How can I fix this?? Also group texts I get peoples texts maybe 15-25 seconds later then others would. Advice? Thanks!

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok guys I need some guidance here. I Finally got my Maxx in the mail today.. fired it up moved some stuff over and then activated it in place of my note 4. Everything seems to be ok... except it only says 4g... not 4g lte. When I do a speed test I get LTE speeds but it only displays as 4g. How can I fix this?? Also group texts I get peoples texts maybe 15-25 seconds later then others would. Advice? Thanks!

It is not going to say LTE as it is not made fro North America and LTE is not a widely used term everywhere else in the world.
4g is 4g.....well not really but for arguments sake you are receiving 4g LTE the phone is not displaying LTE because it is not suppose to :) Better explanation below:

4G vs LTE - key differences explained

As far as you text messages go, have you set it up on the network and contacted AT&T tom make sure they have the correct IMEI device in their system. That seemed to help me in the past and so now every time I switch devices I call and make sure what they have in the system matches what I have in my hand.

Steve Passanante

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I work for AT&T haha. The IMEI is not in the system so I had to leave it as my old Note 4 IMEI. It's not that I don't get the messages just seems to have a slight delay. Never more than 30-45 seconds it seems. Thanks for the info about LTE... I did some reading and makes sense why it wont show up. 3g=3g, H+=4g, and 4g=LTE. Speeds seem all good.,

na96

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
I had a question for anyone who has done something that I am trying to do or for people who know what I could do in my case. So I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S5 on AT&T in the United States. Now I am really interested in getting a Droid Turbo but it is only available on Verizon so I have thought about buying the Moto Maxx which is the Latin America version and then putting the sim I currently have in my Galaxy S5 into the Moto Maxx. Will this work? Also, how much would I have to spend to buy the Moto Maxx and where should I get this from? Then should I considering selling the Galaxy S5 to compensate somewhat for the high price of an unlocked Moto Maxx? Please help.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
I had a question for anyone who has done something that I am trying to do or for people who know what I could do in my case. So I currently have a Samsung Galaxy S5 on AT&T in the United States. Now I am really interested in getting a Droid Turbo but it is only available on Verizon so I have thought about buying the Moto Maxx which is the Latin America version and then putting the sim I currently have in my Galaxy S5 into the Moto Maxx. Will this work? Also, how much would I have to spend to buy the Moto Maxx and where should I get this from? Then should I considering selling the Galaxy S5 to compensate somewhat for the high price of an unlocked Moto Maxx? Please help.

1. No you can not use your sim card that is in your S5 without either cutting it down to the right size or getting a nano sim from AT&T.

http://www.amazon.com/Aerb-Cutter-Standard-iPhone-Adapters/dp/B009P16FKY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1420983617&sr=8-1&keywords=sim+card+cutter

Amazon.com: MediaDevil Simdevil 3-in-1 SIM card adapter kit (Nano / Micro / Standard): Cell Phones & Accessories

2. eBay - Expect to pay somewhere between 650-850 dollars

Moto maxx | eBay

3. That is up to you if you want to sell your S5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89