i miss my droid turbo :(

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
why i decided e to rwturn my note 4 and get a droid turbo.

I had a samsung galaxy note 4 for about 3 or 4 days. Wasnt my first samsung phone. Ive had many samsung phonee in the past including a samsung galaxy note 2, S4, and a samsung galaxy tab S 8.4, so i was extremely familiar with touchwiz. I was dissaointed with the note 4 and its performance. It is far from stock and seems to have even more bloat then ever. Over 60 percent of my ram was being used in the background even with 0 apps open. Touchwiz bores me and the interface is quite ugly in my opinion. I also love the droid turbos near stock android and amazing battery life. I can get about 7-8 hours of on screen time on the turbo and even more with brightness all the way down. The note 4s battery life is average and i wouod only see around 4-5 hours of on screen time. The lag and slowdown is bad on the note 4 and ive never seen lag on the droid turbo. I can also get a 64GB turbo for tue same price as a 32GB note 4. I also feel like all the note 4s features are gimmicks or some of them just go unused or useless and there is already to many apps samsung already has on there. That is just my opionion on why i returned my note 4 and got a droid turbo.

Posted from my 64 GB Droid Turbo black nylon

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: why i decided e to rwturn my note 4 and get a droid turbo.

I had the Note 4 as well. I didn't have any of the problems you were having, but the Bluetooth didn't work with my Subaru Outback. That was a deal breaker for me.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Over 60 percent of my ram was being used
Typically, Android prefers that 80%-95% of RAM be in use at any time. See Multitasking the Android Way. (This isn't Windows, where you want free RAM, it's Android, where you want as little free RAM as possible.)

Touchwiz bores me
Me too, which is why one of the first things I do on a new phone is install Nova Launcher.

I can get about 7-8 hours of on screen time on the turbo and even more with brightness all the way down.
At the expense of replacing the battery a lot more often and having a much slower CPU when you save battery.

I also feel like all the note 4s features are gimmicks or some of them just go unused or useless
That's personal taste. I wouldn't want to go without an S-Pen any more.

and there is already to many apps samsung already has on there.
Which are easily removed once you root.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

True. Its probably just me. Ive had a lot of samsung devices. Im use to battery life around 8-10 hours of screen on time but thats from my old iphone 4S with ios. I get bored of companies after a while. I use to like apple but now forever android. I have a HTC one M8 but i replaced it with the note 4. And now i jabe the droid turbo. I do love the S pen and the big screen on the note 4 but im a bit tired of touchwiz and even HTC Sense 6.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

I did love the note 4 though dont get me wrong. Battery wqs better than juet about any other android phone out right now beside my droid turbo but its mostly just the bloatware and the non stock feel i dont like. But ibreally didnt have much problems with it besides high ram usage.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

The turbo and the note 4 have the same processor though so having better battery on my turbo is awesome ;)

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site

My buddy also got the note 4 but couldn't stand the lag so he got a Turbo. Loves it but apparently the note 4 can still do voice/data out of the box...wonder why it can but the X/Turbo + other new phones can't. Were both dying waiting for VoLTE.

Posted via the Android Central App - Moto X (2nd Gen)

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Re: Getting 7-8 hours of screen time with the Droid Turbo, more with the brightness turned down.

At the expense of replacing the battery a lot more often and having a much slower CPU when you save battery.

How many people do you know, or have you read about that needed to replace their battery on, say , their Moto Razr Maxx HD, Droid Ultra, or Droid Maxx? I ask because you've said this a couple of times on the forum and yet no one (that I've seen) has stated they've replaced their batteries in these devices.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site

My Droid Razr Maxx HD battery was still as strong as ever after 2 years.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64G using Tapatalk.

Xelios

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site

Yeah i havent replaced my maxx hd battery and it still has minimal deg. It lasts forever.

HappyFunBall24

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site

My Razr Maxx HD battery is also still strong. I just ordered the Droid Turbo today, after a lot of research. I think it's the best phone out right now, and I hate how underrated it is in most reviews and best of or shopping guide lists due to lesser reasons, imho. I had briefly considered the Note 4, which on paper seems to me like the 2nd best phone out there.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

Lol no. I get almost 9-10 hours with the screen brightness all the way down. I get about 7-8 with brightness at around 30 to 40 percent in doors. But then again i dont have bluetooth, nfc, gps and all those other features. If u want proof i can get a screenshot of my screen on time for u if u would like ?

ZONGMAN

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

Welcome to the dark side

Vrrroooom pssshhh! *Droid Turbo posting sound*

beeare

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

True. Its probably just me. Ive had a lot of samsung devices. Im use to battery life around 8-10 hours of screen on time but thats from my old iphone 4S with ios. I get bored of companies after a while. I use to like apple but now forever android. I have a HTC one M8 but i replaced it with the note 4. And now i jabe the droid turbo. I do love the S pen and the big screen on the note 4 but im a bit tired of touchwiz and even HTC Sense 6.

8-10 hours screen on time on your iPhone 4s. That's a joke right? You really mean 8-10 minutes I assume.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

Nope not anymore lol when it came out a few years ago. I actually got 12 hours off on screen time with web browsing and youtibe with eveeything off and airplane mode on. But with my droid turbo i can easily get 8+ hours of on screen time and if anyone says i cant they will be shown a fool lmao once i post my on screen time.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site

Hell yea the turbo is a beast. I love the droid series of phones and hope they live on.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

See I also did not like the Note 4. Many reasons why and no need to go into it. I did find the Turbo superior to the Note in just about every way except the camera. The camera on the Note was much faster and took more consistent photos than the turbo. However for everything else the Turbo wins hands down.

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
when do you guys charge your droid turbo ?

At what percentage or range do u guys charge ur battery at ? 5-10 percent ? 10-15 15-20 or what ?

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: when do you guys charge your droid turbo ?

At what percentage or range do u guys charge ur battery at ? 5-10 percent ? 10-15 15-20 or what ?

Every night..... Or once it hits 20℅. Whichever comes first.

Posted via the Android Central App

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: when do you guys charge your droid turbo ?

Every night before I go to bed. I see no reason to let a phone sit out over night running down when it can be charging. Usually it's around 30-45% by then depending upon usage. Using it as a hot spot all day long is fairly typical for me. I'll sometimes drop it on a QI charger at home just for the heck of it even though it doesn't need it just to add 10-20% to whatever's on the gauge. As a general rule, I never run it down to 15% or below territory, but that's just me.