02-18-2015 09:40 PM
101 1234 ...
tools
    Swiftkey, dedicated number row (you can tap the number "123" key if you want the standard number keypad), and always on curser arrows if you choose that set up. "Tell me Michael, how could a billion Chinese people be wrong?" Oops, wrong movie.

12-14-2014 11:36 AM
    They have, a lot of great options for the theme of the keyboard to match your them of your phone. I think, that it's worth taking a look at it.
    Thanks I may check out the paid themes.

Posted via the Android Central App
    vegasdroid likes this.
    12-14-2014 01:07 PM
    I use SwiftKey. I like the number row and easy symbol access. I coach track and text or type a lot of times/distances so quick access to : and - are very handy. The learning is great to as I don't have to type out whole words. The swiping works well too when one handed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    Amen on using the alternate symbols by long pressing. I've set the long press duration to a short time, 200 ms I think it is, so you don't have to hold it down long. Makes having to switch to the 123 page virtually non existent.

Bamzilla likes this.
    12-14-2014 01:10 PM
    SwiftKey... Hands down the best keyboard I have used, especially with its predictions. Also how it learns what you type and to who you type to makes it extremely user friendly.

12-14-2014 02:32 PM
    Swiftkey even knows what I want for Christmas!
    KPMcClave and vegasdroid like this.
    12-14-2014 02:56 PM
    SwiftKey - and, it's not even close.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    12-14-2014 03:15 PM
    I am the rare person that actually prefers Google Keyboard (stock). It just works well, great auto correct and I love the key positioning.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo
    Nope, not the only one....seems I can only use Swype on it though to get any accuracy at all. But, I played with the settings, and set it to 'Holo Blue' instead of 'Material Blue' and it now shows buttons which seems to help immensely. Especially with word correction and prediction....

12-14-2014 05:26 PM
    I started using AI. TYPE KEYBOARD PLUS today too. So far it's my favorite, and I've checked out quite a few, but I'm trying too figure out how to configure it so the bottom row will have a period to the right of the space bar, a comma to the left of the spacebar AND a voice-to-text icon as well (a question mark would be nice too but I could long-press for that). I've tried a number of combinations and can't seem to get that configuration. Your thoughts, 1Coopgt?
    12-14-2014 05:43 PM
    I've tried several different keyboards including Swiftkey and I prefer Dodol Keyboard. I've been reading everything in this thread that you all are saying the different keyboards do or what you wish they could do and I believe Dodol can be configured to do it all.
    12-14-2014 09:38 PM
    Used SwiftKey for years but the sound and look started to bother me. Went back to Google stock and really like. Just downloaded Fleksy and absolutely love it. Once you get the hang of its unique features and gestures is is really fast. And I love the way it sounds and looks.
    12-14-2014 10:16 PM
    I've tried several different keyboards including Swiftkey and I prefer Dodol Keyboard. I've been reading everything in this thread that you all are saying the different keyboards do or what you wish they could do and I believe Dodol can be configured to do it all.
    I googled imaged and didn't see dedicated cursor arrows. Could you post a screen shot showing number rows and dedicated arrows with the main keyboard?
    12-14-2014 10:17 PM
    Stock keyboard for the Turbo, swiftkey for nexus 7 and 10.
    12-14-2014 11:31 PM
    I use hacker's keyboard. I like the arrow keys and the Ctrl and Alt keys.
    In a terminal, yes. You can't use any of the other keyboards when you're talking to Linux. (How can you operate without a Ctrl key? It's like a car without a steering wheel.)
    12-14-2014 11:36 PM
    I've been using Swype since the beta days as well. I've tried many others, including swiftkey, but keep coming back to Swype. Only thing I wish it had is an arrow row, but long pressing to get to it isn't a deal breaker
    To get an arrow row, hold and slide from the finger (lower left) to the key to the right.
    To get a number pad, hold and slide the finger to the letter "t"

Posted via Android Central App
    12-15-2014 12:13 AM
    To get an arrow row, hold and slide from the finger (lower left) to the key to the right.
    To get a number pad, hold and slide the finger to the letter "t"

Posted via Android Central App
    Haven't used Swype in a while. Does these actions just bring up a number pad or arrows, or does it actually create them permanently, as in the Swifkey pic above, in which they are always present with no additional action needed.
    12-15-2014 12:21 AM
    Haven't used Swype in a while. Does these actions just bring up a number pad or arrows, or does it actually create them permanently, as in the Swifkey pic above, in which they are always present with no additional action needed.
    It's only temporary. Starting to think I should give swiftkey another chance.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    12-15-2014 07:47 AM
    I started using AI. TYPE KEYBOARD PLUS today too. So far it's my favorite, and I've checked out quite a few, but I'm trying too figure out how to configure it so the bottom row will have a period to the right of the space bar, a comma to the left of the spacebar AND a voice-to-text icon as well (a question mark would be nice too but I could long-press for that). I've tried a number of combinations and can't seem to get that configuration. Your thoughts, 1Coopgt?
    Try long pressing one of the keys I have the "@" sign next to the space bar . I long pressed on it and a dialog box came up with a lot of options. Hope that helps .
    12-15-2014 08:29 AM
    Figured I'd give SwiftKey a try again. The arrows are nice, but I like swype's predictive text better. And is there any way to change the size of the keyboard? It takes up half the screen.
    12-15-2014 10:57 AM
    Figured I'd give SwiftKey a try again. The arrows are nice, but I like swype's predictive text better. And is there any way to change the size of the keyboard? It takes up half the screen.
    Long-press the '123' button on the keyboard (has the Swiftkey symbol on it also) to get to sizing options, under "Resize". There are also useful 'thumb' & 'compact' keyboard versions to shift things more toward the edge of the screen for use with larger phones.

Try em out, don't give up the Swiftkey fight yet!
    12-15-2014 11:11 AM
    Thanks, I figured that would be in the settings somewhere. I'm noticing that it's great with typing, but the flow or whatever they call it isn't as accurate for me. Now if only the predictive text gave more than three options, I like that in swype you can scroll through, or even Google's pop-up option beats having to retype.
    12-15-2014 11:16 AM
    ^^ Fair enough. Just to add for others who may be wondering: that resizing menu only seems to appear via the above method. It doesn't seem to be accessible through the main settings menu (which itself can also be accessed through that resizing menu). But let me know if I've missed something.
    12-15-2014 11:42 AM
    One thing I like about the stock Google keyboard is the personal dictionary and ability to add shortcuts if you will.

For example, I set up 3 letters that pops up my email address without having to type it all out. Same with a couple other unusual words/acronyms I type that always get corrected.

Does anyone know if SwiftKey can do anything like that?

12-15-2014 12:12 PM
    In a terminal, yes. You can't use any of the other keyboards when you're talking to Linux. (How can you operate without a Ctrl key? It's like a car without a steering wheel.)
    [VOL-] works as a CTRL key in most terminal apps.
    12-15-2014 03:51 PM
    One thing I like about the stock Google keyboard is the personal dictionary and ability to add shortcuts if you will.

For example, I set up 3 letters that pops up my email address without having to type it all out. Same with a couple other unusual words/acronyms I type that always get corrected.

Does anyone know if SwiftKey can do anything like that?

I don't think Swiftkey has the programmable shortcuts, no, but the prediction is so good that normally 3 letters are all you need to for it to give you the match you're looking for anyway.
    KPMcClave likes this.
    12-15-2014 03:53 PM
    For the past couple days I've used the stock keyboard. And I have to say, outside of not being able to put a number row at the top and having to switch to 2nd screen to use question mark, I can type faster and more accurate with it. Hmmm...

I'm sure Google is improving this alongside other features/apps. If it just had alternate characters on the letter keys too.. Because I can sure type faster on it.

12-17-2014 12:24 PM
101 1234 ...