Motorola Starts Lollipop Soak Testing on Turbo

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I personally am in no rush to switch to lollipop. I like the phone with the setup I've got and will probably defer the update for a couple weeks to see if anyone has any bugs.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Since it's coming eventually, and I've already decided I'm going to do a full factory reset after the update, I've finally taken the position of "sooner rather than later". Of course, I'm assuming that we'll be getting the dot 1 or dot 2 release as opposed to the dot zero, so that should mitigate problems to a significant degree -- problems which some or all of us are going to have not matter how long they wait, or what version we get -- every version of every phone OS has issues for some or all users after all.

Jack Jawczak

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
This thread is probably moot seeing as no where else is there any mention that a soak test is imminent. If invitations were going out every android site would be talking about it. It's a false flag operation by "autoomobile" whoever they are. Imo

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't disagree with you generally speaking, and it isn't even that I have some major issue with the Maxx updates I described. My comments here and when I address it elsewhere are more for the purpose of accuracy than arguing. That is, saying the 2013 Droids got "quick updates" is misleading. So my specifics are always intended to clarify that. People play fast and loose with specifics, especially the closer you get to Fanboy Town.

That said, if you wait long enough, your desire for a bigger update will happen by default, if you know what I mean. I would expect the biggest bugs and issues to occur in a full version bump (as with KitKat to Lollipop). I also expect that each incremental update is going to address specific issues that were created by its predecessors.

That means the biggest problems overall are probably in Android 5.0, with those addressed by 5.0.1., etc. We all know that isn't always perfect over all updates because sometimes they break other stuff and sometimes the updates are more about adding a feature than squashing bugs. It's reasonable to assume that each incremental update fixes more issues, though.

That brings me back to my original point. How long are you content to wait for a perfect release that isn't ever going to come?

Me, I just want the most up to date release as soon as possible. I think right now that would be 5.0.2?

If you had read what I posted, I didn't say a "perfect update", I said more refined, in other words, less bugs than what they are currently dealing with.

I was looking for info about the update for the 2013 Nexus 7 WiFi, and apparently there is a thread on XDA talking about the 5.0.1 update being pulled because it corrupted some people's boot loader. I'm fine getting a followup update, but again, if it causes more issues than it solves, I'd rather wait.

My phone works just fine the way it is. Why push for an update that will change that? So far this rollout seems to be the most troubled of any Android version they've done. I'm not saying we shouldn't keep on them to get quicker updates, but I also don't want them to rush it and mess [moderator edit] up more than it fixes.

Last edited by a moderator:

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
This thread is probably moot seeing as no where else is there any mention that a soak test is imminent. If invitations were going out every android site would be talking about it. It's a false flag operation by "autoomobile" whoever they are. Imo

If you actually read the article and my OP you'd know that it is about an unconfirmed rumor based on speculation. furthermore if you read the rules of the testing program posted above your post, you'd know that anyone who posts information about the soak test or the invite would be kicked out of the program.

Keep in mind the article mentioned that although invites had been sent out, the soak test hadn't started so nobody has the update yet. Nobody including AC is going to report that a soak test for Lollipop has started when there's no way to confirm it. Right now it is just rumor which is made clear in the article. But due to the timing of this update it is highly likely that it is Lollipop.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
If you actually read the article and my OP you'd know that it is about an unconfirmed rumor based on speculation. furthermore if you read the rules of the testing program posted above your post, you'd know that anyone who posts information about the soak test or the invite would be kicked out of the program.

Keep in mind the article mentioned that although invites had been sent out, the soak test hadn't started so nobody has the update yet. Nobody including AC is going to report that a soak test for Lollipop has started when there's no way to confirm it. Right now it is just rumor which is made clear in the article. But due to the timing of this update it is highly likely that it is Lollipop.

That just isn't true. Each time there is a soak invite, it's as if some attention starved AC and/or Droid Life reader has to run to the site and leak the invitation. Shortly thereafter, they or someone else will also leak the actual soak rollout. It happens, it would certainly seem, wiothout fail.

As someone in the MFN, I resent that these folks are risking ruining the chance we have to try new software first in the soak program, when chosen for an individual soak test. So, I tend to notice the leaks.

That OP article will obviously be right eventually...unless there simply is no soak test, which would be shocking. It was simply making stuff up at the time, though.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

Confirming it is super easy.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
That just isn't true. Each time there is a soak invite, it's as if some attention starved AC and/or Droid Life reader has to run to the site and leak the invitation. Shortly thereafter, they or someone else will also leak the actual soak rollout. It happens, it would certainly seem, wiothout fail.

As someone in the MFN, I resent that these folks are risking ruining the chance we have to try new software first in the soak program, when chosen for an individual soak test....
QFT on both points.

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Android 5.0 Lollipop comes Motorola smartphones
Motorola starts from today, the upgrade to Android ™ 5.0 Lollipop in Brazil. The process will be done in phases and will start the new Moto X, version with retail software. The new version will be extended to all family products Moto, with retail software or operators : Moto And Moto G (1st and 2nd generations), Moto X (1st and 2nd generations) and Moto Maxx.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Motorola starts from today, the upgrade to Android ™ 5.0 Lollipop in Brazil. The process will be done in phases and will start the new Moto X, version with retail software. The new version will be extended to all family products Moto, with retail software or operators : Moto And Moto G (1st and 2nd generations), Moto X (1st and 2nd generations) and Moto Maxx.

So what are you trying to tell us ?

Dhawk1202

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site

This means nothing.... Thanks though.

Posted via the Android Central App