Pixel 5 vs Motorola edge 30 neo

Yul30

Sep 26, 2023
Visit site
Hi all!

I need your help. I have to take a new smartphone but i don't know which beetween Pixel 5 and Motorola edge 30 neo. I could take them at the same price, 250 euro ca (the Pixel 5 refurbished in optimal conditions, the Motorola new). Which are the parameters I should consider? For now...

The pros and cons of the Pixel 5:
  • Smaller
  • Cleaner design
  • Pixel experience
  • Already updated to android 14
  • Same hardware and software producer
  • Refurbished
  • A potenzial wear on battery power (cons)
  • End of life to october 2023 (cons)
  • Never sold in my country, Italy, so the lack of the speech-text translator and maybe the lack of technical support (cons)

The pros and cons of the Motorola edge 30 neo:
  • Footprint under the screen
  • Face-unlock
  • 122 Hz screen
  • Longer update-support
  • New (cons)
  • Not already updated to android 14, despite being newer (cons)
  • Android 14 is the maximum android-version expected (cons)
  • Less importance given to the updates from Motorola (cons)

This two devices are almost identical. Which are the elements that can help to move the needle? In terms of software, both provides Android 14 as highest android-version. What about the experience? With Android 14 will the near android-stock experience of Motorola be identical to the Pixel one? Please, help!

Thanks and have a nice day!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
I had the pixel 5 and I thought very highly on it and battery was crazy good but like you mentioned not sure it supports the bands in your country and software updates probably coming to an end but security updates should be there for awhile.

Reactions: J Dubbs

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is the Pixel 6a available in Italy for around that price? That would be an excellent alternative.

Reactions: J Dubbs

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
I'm an iPhone user but I also have a Pixel 5 as a backup phone and for familiarizing myself with Android. My parents got dragged, kicking and screaming, into the 21st century when their old flip phones became unsupported. At the spry age of 81 they got their first smartphones. They asked my advice before buying and naturally I said, "iPhone!" and naturally they went Android. While learning the ways of Android myself because I knew I'd be their first call when something went wrong I found I loved the Pixel 5. So now I go back and forth between the P5 and the iPhone.

I'd 100% go with the Pixel 5. It's reliable and robust, light weight, good camera, and the Pixel fabric cases are great.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe