Has anybody seen a simple bumper case for the Droid Turbo Ballistic? I just bought the blue one and don't want to cover it up. I just want something that goes around the edges but doesn't cover the back at all. Otherwise I think I'm going barebacked.
    tlacour likes this.
    03-24-2015 05:22 PM
    A bumper-case for the Turbo does not exist at this time.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.
    03-24-2015 06:16 PM
    Has anybody seen a simple bumper case for the Droid Turbo Ballistic? I just bought the blue one and don't want to cover it up. I just want something that goes around the edges but doesn't cover the back at all. Otherwise I think I'm going barebacked.
    I want this too.
    Bamzilla likes this.
    03-24-2015 06:59 PM
    IMO, the phone doesn't really need a bumper case. The edges are already a grippy rubber material, so not sure what a bumper case would accomplish, aside from a bit of extra cushion in a fall.
    03-25-2015 10:28 AM
    IMO, the phone doesn't really need a bumper case. The edges are already a grippy rubber material, so not sure what a bumper case would accomplish, aside from a bit of extra cushion in a fall.
    Yep, that would be the reason why it's wanted by many. It allows for protection, with minimal bulk.

Sent from my Droid Turbo 64-gig from Tapatalk.
    doogald likes this.
    03-25-2015 10:37 AM
    It would protect the edges from scuffs and scrapes like I just experienced from my recent tumble onto a concrete driveway. Cosmetic damage only; but for some it's a valid concern.

for the OP, in the absence of such a product (and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it), I'd recommend one of the many suggest thin cases that also cover the back depending on which you want more: limited protection, or the complete esthetic appeal of the Ballistic Nylon design; the latter being my personal choice.
    03-25-2015 11:14 AM
    It would protect the edges from scuffs and scrapes like I just experienced from my recent tumble onto a concrete driveway. Cosmetic damage only; but for some it's a valid concern.
    A good bumper can do more than protect against cosmetic scratches. A bumper with impact-absorbing gel - think of the Tech21 case, but without a back - will absorb shock that could prevent some glass fractures if the phone landed just wrong. Not that I would recommend this, but I have seen people bounce their phones off a table edge (tossing the phone down) with a Tech21 case without an issue. If you struck the right or left edge in the same way unprotected, or even in a thin TPU style case, you may end up with shattered glass. It's not just cosmetic protection.

The Tech21 case is probably the closest to a bumper, and I believe it has a transparent back. Unfortunately, it's not a true bumper - you can't remove the back from the case.
    03-25-2015 12:33 PM
    or could you by using a knife? Would you think the edges would stay in place? just a thought.
    03-27-2015 04:21 PM