back to the Maxx (surprisingly easy)

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
We anxiously await you posting awesomely focused indoor low light action shots taken with your MAXX.

I am truly and sincerely sorry my opinion differs from yours and we dont like the exact same thing. Im sorry I don't find the phone completely and utterly perfect. I dont really see a need to post any examples of what I find acceptable in pictures at this point, since I find it useless and it will just spur as many useless posts of other pictures telling me I am wrong for what I like. I am sorry to disappoint. Again, I am just a dumb human being who has never figured out the complexities of using a cell phone camera properly.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't recall if you've said this or not before, but have you tried sending it in to see if there is possibly a hardware issue with your particular Turbo? The fact that some are not having the issues you and some others are could point to a hardware issue.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I know they don't fix the Turbo's previously-mentioned camera issues, but which app was your "favorite" (just curious)?

Posted via Android Central App
I've been using A Better Camera and with its dynamic range optimization turned on it does really well creating essentially a realistic looking HDR type pic. They come out looking pretty natural. So I use ABC when I want a better quality looking picture and the stock camera if I don't quite care as much. I have them set up that they can work from the same icon. Press the icon for ABC. Swipe up on the icon for the stock camera. Yea for Nova Launcher.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
I actually had one replaced. When I had to show examples of my photos to the Verizon rep he agreed they were horrible. Sent me a new one, same results. Its not a hardware issue. Its actually, as KPMcClave perfectly points out, us talking about the specific indoor/outdoor settings or action shots that prove a challenge, then 2 people defending it by posting a "good" picture completely unrelated to the problematic issues (landscapes, parked cars, cats in windows). Or, the other stance....not a hardware error, simply after 10+ years of using camera phones successfully, I simply lost my ability on how to point and snap pictures with the Turbo. I'm just really, really dumb and the phone was too perfect for my feeble mind to figure out.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been using A Better Camera and with its dynamic range optimization turned on it does really well creating essentially a realistic looking HDR type pic. They come out looking pretty natural. So I use ABC when I want a better quality looking picture and the stock camera if I don't quite care as much. I have them set up that they can work from the same icon. Press the icon for ABC. Swipe up on the icon for the stock camera. Yea for Nova Launcher.

A Better Camera was my favorite of the apps I tried, as well.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I actually had one replaced. When I had to show examples of my photos to the Verizon rep he agreed they were horrible. Sent me a new one, same results. Its not a hardware issue. Its actually, as KPMcClave perfectly points out, us talking about the specific indoor/outdoor settings or action shots that prove a challenge, then 2 people defending it by posting a "good" picture completely unrelated to the problematic issues (landscapes, parked cars, cats in windows). Or, the other stance....not a hardware error, simply after 10+ years of using camera phones successfully, I simply lost my ability on how to point and snap pictures with the Turbo. I'm just really, really dumb and the phone was too perfect for my feeble mind to figure out.

Also, in my case and yours, we've been comparing shots to the Droid Maxx we used immediatly preceding the Turbo. Expectations have been reasonable.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I was talking about actually dealing with Motorola, sending it in to them. Dealing with Verizon doesn't really get you anything but a like new replacement, and I doubt they forwarded the issue to Motorola. Motorola might have also seen that it was an issue and maybe been able to do something about it. Anymore I don't deal with Verizon unless all I need is a replacement device. If it's an issue seems more like a software bug or hardware issue, I usually send it in to the OEM.

It wouldn't hurt to contact Motorola, tell them the specific conditions it has problems in, and see about getting it warranty repaired. Considering you're well within the one year warranty yet they should cover it for free. And since you're not using it as your primary right now, you're not out anything either.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
...and Amazon's current apps giveaway includes A Better Camera:

Amazon.com: Free App of the Day Bundle: Apps & Games
After I paid real money for it.
doh.jpg
Oh well, I did get it for 50% off, and the Google Play apps usually get updated with more frequency than Amazon. It's a good application, and although a little pricey at full price, I was happy to pay the developer the amount I did to support them.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
After I paid real money for it.
View attachment 172005
Oh well, I did get it for 50% off, and the Google Play apps usually get updated with more frequency than Amazon. It's a good application, and although a little pricey at full price, I was happy to pay the developer the amount I did to support them.

Me too. Already had paid via the Play store. I usually "buy" any free Amazon apps I might want at a future time (or that I already have and like via the Google Play) while they're free. You "own" them after that and can install them down the line if you want. I don't install them, just "buy" them via my desktop and they stay in my digital library.

jamielov

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Back on the maxx, and played around with the camera tonight at a men's league hockey game. In fairness to the turbo, they aren't stunning 21 mp quality, but every pic I took at the rink, which a few said was an ideally bad place to take shots for the turbo/camera overall, every pic came out good to great, with NO blur. Its that simple, i REALLY missed that. Capturing a shot and having a keeper every time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38