Motorola Camera update

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I kinda felt the same, it worked in full sunlight great, but was bad indoors at medium and low light. I remember the backlash you got for saying negative feedback, I also got the same treatment. But if they are updating the app to fix exactly what we "bitched" about, obviously it was a large issue. I think some Motorola fanboys and close minded or maybe take comments about a phone personal. And that's true my hilarious, unless they have a relationship with it like in the film Her...

Posted via the Android Central App

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I kinda felt the same, it worked in full sunlight great, but was bad indoors at medium and low light. I remember the backlash you got for saying negative feedback, I also got the same treatment. But if they are updating the app to fix exactly what we "bitched" about, obviously it was a large issue. I think some Motorola fanboys and close minded or maybe take comments about a phone personal. And that's true my hilarious, unless they have a relationship with it like in the film Her...

What you said, and also the "I don't have that problem" factor. It's apparently difficult for some folks to understand that their usage may not be the same as yours. What works for them, may be broken for you...or vice versa.

That's why when we complain about lower light motion shots we are treated to replies with brightly lit motion shots.

It's not just this phone and this camera where that happnes, though. It's a bigger issue in human interaction.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Walking outdoors. But have had few issues taking moving objects indoors as well

Ah. Yes, indoors is a tricky thing.

I took my daughter to the playground and took a bunch of shots of her shooting some hoops this afternoon. The quality from a clarity standpoint has never been a problem outdoors, and it wasn't today. Never have had a blurry shot on the playground. So, I couldn't check on the lower light and motion issue, but I did definitely notice the captures were more as I was hoping with the quicker shutter. The ball was much closer to where I expected it to be (if it was in the air when I took the pic) than before the update. Before it was a matter of taking a couple/few shots if I wanted the ball at a particular point. Margin for that seems closed significantly now.

Still hoping for positive reviews on the bigger issue, though.

Last edited:

irishlak

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Picture indoors at my daughters graduation moving in indoor lighting. Much improved

posted with the first phone I have not broken in 2 days , Droid Turbo lol

Attachments

• 10382.jpg
    10382.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 10409.jpg
    10409.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 10349.jpg
    10349.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 85

TechCaptain

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Picture indoors at my daughters graduation moving in indoor lighting. Much improved

posted with the first phone I have not broken in 2 days , Droid Turbo lol

Kids are graduating that early nowadays? Wow. Must be some smart kids.

Sent from my (still relevant) Droid Maxx

TechCaptain

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I took this picture at my high school jazz concert. Really good considering I was in the very back row.

Sent from my (still relevant) Droid Maxx

Attachments

• IMG_20150518_200630.jpg
    IMG_20150518_200630.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 87

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Here are those pics I promised, took them on my morning jog. Hope they help. ( Taken at Detroit Riverfront, Dequindre Cut) The second one isn't with the turbo, sorry uploaded it by mistake and couldn't take it down.

Attachments

• 62155.jpg
    62155.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 62154.jpg
    62154.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 62153.jpg
    62153.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 62152.jpg
    62152.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Here are those pics I promised, took them on my morning jog. Hope they help. ( Taken at Detroit Riverfront, Dequindre Cut) The second one isn't with the turbo, sorry uploaded it by mistake and couldn't take it down.

There's plenty of light in those shots. The skeptics here will want to see action in low light situations.

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
There's plenty of light in those shots. The skeptics here will want to see action in low light situations.

I had blur shots if the object was in motion even during the day, so that's why I posted these. I will get some low light shot soon though.

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Still waiting on getting some good low light shots but I always had issues with motion low or full lit. Just a few more examples if moving objects. 30-35 mph cars

Attachments

• 62237.jpg
    62237.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 62235.jpg
    62235.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 74

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Still waiting on getting some good low light shots but I always had issues with motion low or full lit. Just a few more examples if moving objects. 30-35 mph cars

Near as I can recall, you're the only person I've seen who had issues with daylight motion shots outdoors. Personally, I've not had any complaints in those conditions myself.

By any chance did you have HDR activated when you had problems?

At any rate, looks like the update helped you.

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Near as I can recall, you're the only person I've seen who had issues with daylight motion shots outdoors. Personally, I've not had any complaints in those conditions myself.

By any chance did you have HDR activated when you had problems?

At any rate, looks like the update helped you.

No I had it off. I remember others having issues in full light on this site , but we were the minority. Like I said though, this problem is nonexistent post camera update.

noobsquared

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm about to give Turbo a 3rd try since with that $250 coupon, it's getting hard to resist. I love the phone but couldn't live with it due to blurred indoor pics of kids. This thread caught my eye and I wanted to see if any of you guys were able to capture some indoor shots with motion? Is burst capture any faster/better as well with this update? TIA.

tvouge

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm about to give Turbo a 3rd try since with that $250 coupon, it's getting hard to resist. I love the phone but couldn't live with it due to blurred indoor pics of kids. This thread caught my eye and I wanted to see if any of you guys were able to capture some indoor shots with motion? Is burst capture any faster/better as well with this update? TIA.

The indoor motion shots are improved, and the shutter speed is faster since the update. That being said, it's still not perfect.

Codger1212

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site

The shutter sound happens faster but the blur is definitely still there. I originally thought there was some improvement but it may have been minimal.

noobsquared

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
The shutter sound happens faster but the blur is definitely still there. I originally thought there was some improvement but it may have been minimal.

Would you happen to have any recent pics with blue that you might be able to share? TIA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87