Droid Ultra No Longer Available?

glovenc

May 29, 2014
Visit site
According to Verizon, the Droid Ultra is discontinued. It is no longer available online or in store. Though it is available through Amazon. Has anyone heard about the Ultra being retired? I was looking at getting it as an upgrade since I can't quite afford the Maxx and don't want the Mini. Verizon rep said they have gotten rid of their stock and will no longer be carrying it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
According to Verizon, the Droid Ultra is discontinued. It is no longer available online or in store. Though it is available through Amazon. Has anyone heard about the Ultra being retired? I was looking at getting it as an upgrade since I can't quite afford the Maxx and don't want the Mini. Verizon rep said they have gotten rid of their stock and will no longer be carrying it.

Welcome to the forums. They probably are getting rid of the current stock, to make room for the next line of phones. If you want to get it, now would be a good time.

glove4

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Is Motorola actually going to continue the Droid line? I wonder if being bought by Lenovo will see the end of the Droid line.

Posted via Android Central App

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
If the Ultra is available on Amazon I would get it. It's a great phone... highly underrated. I also noticed it wasn't on the Verizon website anymore and thought they must have discontinued it. The Maxx was definitely the better seller due to the larger battery and storage. But the Ultra is the same phone otherwise.
I don't look to see the Droid line continued with Lenovo, but you never know.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. They probably are getting rid of the current stock, to make room for the next line of phones. If you want to get it, now would be a good time.

I'd keep in mind that the Droid and Moto X phones are coming up on being 11 months old. They're still wonderful devices, but I wouldn't buy one unless it was heavily discounted or you don't mind that you're going to be at least a year behind the hardware cycle.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk