Visual Voicemail

lwoodsjr

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Can anybody confirm that the visual voicemail app on the Droid X is capable of recording and sending a voicemail to another Verizon customer without ringing their phone? The Droid Incredible has this feature and I use it a lot.

Thanks.

TurboCam

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Can anybody confirm that the visual voicemail app on the Droid X is capable of recording and sending a voicemail to another Verizon customer without ringing their phone? The Droid Incredible has this feature and I use it a lot.

Thanks.

it probably does. The Verizon VVM app for Blackberrys also has that feature.

lwoodsjr

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I sent an email to the guys at mobileburn.com. They did a nice youtube video on the X. They told me that the VVM on the X does have that feature.

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Set up a Google Voice account (it's free) and, IMHO, it works better. I do not know if GV has the functionality that the OP is looking for though.

...I thought you could do this by dialing your own voicemail and then sending a message to someone else's VM box???

lwoodsjr

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Being able to send the voicemail without ringing the phone is the only reason I pay for the VVM service. I use that feature a lot. (I'm the OP, by the way)

Mark_Venture

Oct 30, 2009
mark.cdmaforums.com

Thanks.
Just got my X two hours ago...

I can partially confirm it can do this.

Launch the voice mail app, it brings me to my list of VM's... Menu button -> Compose...

It brings you to a screen when you can record a message, enter a phone number (VZW customer only) and send...

I didn't actually send, so I don't know if the other person's phone rings or not.

shamefulzero

Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
i can't believe this! i was convinced that verizon was doing android right! why would you charge for something the othere careers don't!

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Has anyone that has it ever actually been charged? I've ben using it since my Touch Pro 2, and each time I switch phones, I'm always asked if I want to sign up for it. I always say yes, but I've yet to see it on a bill.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone that has it ever actually been charged? I've ben using it since my Touch Pro 2, and each time I switch phones, I'm always asked if I want to sign up for it. I always say yes, but I've yet to see it on a bill.

I'm interested in this as well. The only reason I've never signed up for it is that I don't want to pay any more than I already am. It would be useful though.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
That's really weird. My bill has looked like this for over a year now. Every time I purchase a phone via the web, I'm prompted to check whether I want it or not (for 2.99), and I always say yes. I'm not a very lucky person, but maybe this time I just lucked out. It could also have something to do with my being on an unlimited plan, but it's not advertised as being free on that plan.

Voila_Capture88.png

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty