Voice Command over Bluetooth

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
In reading the Phone Arena review, I noticed that it's supported using the builtin Nuance software:
phonearena.com/htmls/Motorola-DROID-X-MB810-Review-review-r_2466.html

Separate from the standard Google Voice Search, the Motorola DROID X comes with a Voice Command program from Nuance. It offers several commands, from ?send message? to ?check battery?, but most importantly you can use it via a Bluetooth headset to call numbers stored in your contacts list, such as simply saying ?call home?. We are glad to see that Motorola has included this, as it is still missing in Android by default.

Froyo also supports this, but it's nice to have this in the meantime.

TYagoto

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
would be nice for those that use bluetooth, I never got around to it :p maybe later. Whats your opinion on using a bluetooth headset vs just the phone?

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I personally use the speakerphone most of the time. I have never had very good luck with Bluetooth headsets, and I don't think they are good for you long term. There's been a lot of discussion in other forums about lack of support for bluetooth voice command, so the fact that this phone actually has it, is a bit unique.

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I guess I have been lucky. Every phone I ever owned(even non-smart phone) always supported BT commands. The droid was the first that did not. With Froyo, it is working so that is cool but would have been nice early on. Handsfree operation while driving is the only reason I use a BT.

GotBCI

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
My job requires HF/NC/BT ,I drive for a living and it gets noisy at times
Hands Free noise canceling BT is the only way to fly,if you talk with people useing the cheap
or non-noise canceling devices you know what I speak of.

I dont get caught up in the chicken little health scare about using such devices either
More harm is done by following public media and politics then will ever come from Blue Tooth!
Anyway,
Law says we cant text and roll . . . . . good law IMO,I have to dodge you text fools everyday
trying to keep 80K lbs out of your back seat.
Now! can I set my Infuse up to text by voice command via BT?

Surely someone can walk this oldtimer thru this ?
I come from the error of $.10 rotary dial communications I mean no harm ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez