Issue when charging through lighter adapter

artincali

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
OK I have the DX, and recently when using my lighter adapter on my motorcycle with the USB cable to charge the DX, I've been getting an error message which reads, "Disconnected", "Remove charger from the outlet to conserve energy". Mind you the cable is still plugged into the DX, and it still shows the charging symbol in the top right hand corner.
First off can someone translate this message for me. 2nd has anyone else gotten this message? And 3rd, is this an issue that needs to be checked out by Verizon? thanks.

Last edited:

doctorlove316

Retired Moderator
Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
1st - It's telling you to remove your charger from the power source to save energy (like unplugging it from the wall).

2nd - I see that message every time I take my phone off of the charger.

3rd - It shouldn't be an issue that needs to be checked out with VZW.

I would double check that the connection to the lighter adapter or the connection to your device, while charging, isn't shaking loose or anything. That would certainly cause the message because it thinks you removed it from the charger.

Mister869

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Alvfive is right on track. My guess is that your cig lighter connection is loose enough to connect/disconnect while driving. Since the message appears for a few seconds when the phone is disconnected from a charger (which is common) -a loose connection (jumping on and off) could give you the appearance of both the message and charging symbols at the same time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Creshosk