Gouged my camera glass :-(

Flawson

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a friend who has been walking around with a very cracked up glass on her iphone 3g for ever now...it pains me a little every time she busts it out. No insurance and not due for an upgrade until next year...boo.
But yeah, hope the dummy phone thing works, I'm curious to know.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

StonewallUSMC

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dude finally someone to share my pain with. I dropped my phone and cracked my screen! Remember that way the guy above me suggested is insurance fraud

Actually the 30 day clause is there for a reason. If you fall within that period you can sign up for insurance. That is not fraud. please seek legal advice before giving it....

King Neptune117

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Actually the 30 day clause is there for a reason. If you fall within that period you can sign up for insurance. That is not fraud. please seek legal advice before giving it....

ya i know that. its illegal to break the phone, then sign up for insurance after you broke it, even during the clause.

Saturn2K

May 24, 2010
Visit site
ya i know that. its illegal to break the phone, then sign up for insurance after you broke it, even during the clause.

What's the difference? The monthly insurance cost is just that: monthly. So if you sign up for it under thirty days, the company will still receive the same amount of money as if you had bought the insurance on day one.

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Fraud is fraud period. Yes it is easy to cheat the system but all you are doing is contributing to higher premiums for the honest while committing a felony at the same time. Look at the premiums now, it is not worth it to even consider buying it anymore.
When I picked up my X I declined the insurance, just like I did with my Palm 2 years ago, and the Razr before it. Each time the agent was very adamant about getting it but after doing the math in my head it would come out around half of what the phone was worth over the course of 2 years with the deductible. I would much rather keep that half and put it towards whatever new phone was available at that time should something bad happen instead of who knows what your will receive. Spending half of what it is you want to protect for insurance that doesn't even include depreciation over 2 years = a bad investment.
I know full well the risk I have taken and am prepared to deal with the consequence if/when it happens. I still keep my old Centro as a standby just for this reason, just like my V3C Razr before it. Yes I will be upset just like anything else, but I would be even more upset knowing that I was throwing away hundreds for a piss poor insurance premium if you can even call it insurance anymore.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I'm pretty sure the 30 day clause isn't there so you can break your phone within that time and then add the insurance. Just sayin

skipamy

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
This is getting a little off-topic. Thanks for the info about dummy phones -- I am confirming that the dummy phone contains the 'real' piece that I need, then I will find one at the cheapest price on eBay (seems to be $15-25) and hopefully swap it. I'll keep you posted.