2.2 Update Speed Dial

chites

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine works fine also. However, I did have to add the speed dial to a contact on the favorite's tab under the dialer. I could not add them as I did before by pressing and holding a number. Try this and see if it helps.

burpootus

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Mine works fine also. However, I did have to add the speed dial to a contact on the favorite's tab under the dialer. I could not add them as I did before by pressing and holding a number. Try this and see if it helps.

Setting speed dial through the favorites worked, thanks. After some more messing around, I can confirm that this is the only way I can set a speed dial number. Everything else seems to work for me in Froyo, I don't have any of the issues some others are reporting.

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
How about the voicemail quick dial icon (white symbol on bottom left of keypad under the * sign)?

On my Droid 1, I could tap that button and it'd dial *86 + my PIN + # and my VMs would start playing. On my Droid X, I have to either hold down the 1 button for quickdial or hit the notification area VM alert to have it dial my PIN. If I hit the VM icon in the lower left corner out of habit, I have to punch my PIN + # in manually.

Not a deal-breaker but very annoying ,especially when driving. My Droid 1 could do it, why can't my X? The VZW Pre Plus had this problem also, at least a few months ago when I last used one.