Slow Download Speed (upload seems fine)

woodyinho10

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
I have a Redmi Note 10 5G with MIUI Global 14.0.6.

I'm having an issue where the download speed on my phone is "limited" to half the speed of my Wifi (100 MBPS).

As you can see from the pic, other devices managed to get the maximum download speed of the wifi while my redmi....well you can see for yourself, not reaching even half the speed. Upload seems fine tho.

Anyone how to fix this? Thanks
33c4138f-a25e-4628-85d6-f4334c7b5de6.jpeg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Ookla's speeds can vary sometimes depending on the server that's chosen. Do you get the same results if you go to fast.com (run by Netflix) or Google's speed test (do a Google search for "speed test" and select the option that shows up first)?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

woodyinho10

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Ookla's speeds can vary sometimes depending on the server that's chosen. Do you get the same results if you go to fast.com (run by Netflix) or Google's speed test (do a Google search for "speed test" and select the option that shows up first)?
Just tried it and got the same results

Even just generally browsing apps (eg. X, Youtube, IG) the internet speed feels way slower than other devices that i own

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is the phone connecting to 5 GHz wi-fi or 2.4 GHz wi-fi? 5 GHz can provide somewhat faster speed than 2.4 GHz, but usually not with this much of a difference.