Can I return my X?

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
after the 2.2 update my phone is unbearable and unacceptable. i was completely stock, never rooted, did the ota for 2.2, and now my X is garbage. it is laggy, i cannot multitask, when i receive texts the phone freezes, the market doesnt load, etc etc....i did not pay $200 for a phone that does this. if i had one wish it was that i did not upgrade to 2.2. but thats not fair to me.

and i dont want to hear "oh my phone is fine" or "mine doesnt do any of that"....well good for you, but i did nothing out of the ordinary with this phone and treat it like gold.

this update has rendered my phone unusable and i need a usable phone. i dont have a landline, i rely on my phone. and right now its a 4.3'' piece of junk.

Last edited:

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
It's still under warranty. Verizon will resolve the issues or issue a replacement.

i just dont want them to do something silly like give me a refurb. it is insured also. and i hate the thought of setting this phone up again but that would be the least of my worries to have a phone that functions correctly. i just dont understand how so many people can have a phone that is working smooth and perfect after the update, and yet so many people have issues. it makes no sense to me.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
Relax say your abc's backwards before you blow up on a post. Makes you look silly. We all know there are issues with 2.2. Not sure why they didn't fix them from the month old leak we were running. I did not do the ota and kept the 2.2 leak with little issues. If your within the 30 days I believe you can return for another phone. If not they will give you a new X with 2.2 on it. Just hope the new one is better for you. We all know these things have issues. That's whybwe root and change things around to make them better cause we know these things better then them. We are all here for you if you want to try something like that.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Relax say your abc's backwards before you blow up on a post. Makes you look silly. We all know there are issues with 2.2. Not sure why they didn't fix them from the month old leak we were running. I did not do the ota and kept the 2.2 leak with little issues. If your within the 30 days I believe you can return for another phone. If not they will give you a new X with 2.2 on it. Just hope the new one is better for you. We all know these things have issues. That's whybwe root and change things around to make them better cause we know these things better then them. We are all here for you if you want to try something like that.

hah im not gonna jump off a bridge or anything, ha, but i dont understand how i can have a wonderful 2.1 X two days ago and install a long awaited upgrade and it junk now. and how my wife's droid 1 runs smooth as sil with the same 2.2 on it as mine. its just aggravating. i mean, is there going to be ota software fixes for this? and i dont mean gingerbread 10 yeras from now. haha. it just boggles my mind, and i know im talking crazy, but makes me wish i still had my D1 or my BB. id wait a year for an update as long as when i got it it worked. this is just unacceptable, and its not bc of me, i have played by the rules with my X and i have been burned for it.

jsaren

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
From personal knowledge girlfriend yesterday never rooted her "X" or anything like that she downloaded the 2.2 OTA phone got stuck at "M" and would not load. She spent two hours on the phone with VZW tech support they could not fix it. She was within 30 days they are overnighting her a brand new phone and it will have 2.2 on it. Funny thing was yesterday evening when she got home from work. I got my hands on it took me three minutes to get it back up and running after going through a few things on recovery. I have the leaked 2.2 on mine and will not do the OTA until a 2.2 sbf is released. With the leaked version I have no problems what so ever and love it.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Wipe it first?

Do yourself a favor and wipe it to factory, then tell me it's Verizon's fault.

so i ahve to wipe my phone that i put so much time into with customizing and whatnot to get the ota to work? thats ridiculous. my point being, this phone ran smooth as silk with 2.1, then i hit the upgrade button, and its garbage. i dont ahve many apps and the ones i do have are all 2.2 compatible, and i dont get force closes on them, the phone is just laggy in all aspects.

maybe a wipe will work, but thats ridiculous that i would have to do that. if i had the chocie to revert to 2.1, i would in a heartbeat.

jsaren

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
so i ahve to wipe my phone that i put so much time into with customizing and whatnot to get the ota to work? thats ridiculous. my point being, this phone ran smooth as silk with 2.1, then i hit the upgrade button, and its garbage. i dont ahve many apps and the ones i do have are all 2.2 compatible, and i dont get force closes on them, the phone is just laggy in all aspects.

maybe a wipe will work, but thats ridiculous that i would have to do that. if i had the chocie to revert to 2.1, i would in a heartbeat.

Unfortuantly once you do the update you can not revert to 2.1

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Maybe a cache wipe would help without deleting everything like a factory reset

maybe but that is almsot just as bad, deletes all the settings and contacts and data, at that point i would just do a wipe.

but i also read all the "bug" threads and i have most of them, and more in some cases, so i know even a wipe wont fix some 2.2 bugs, but im not worried about that a much as i am just having a functioning smooth running X like i had 2 days ago. and ill just deal with the bugs.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
on a bright not im loving the camera update with the onscreen shutter button, i really missed that on my D1, the red button on the X is weird. you have to hold it down a bit longer and it also seems like i ahve to hold mine towards the top of the button or it will not shutter. didnt like it.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site

Look, Verizon can't possibly test every single app on the Google Marketplace for compatibility.. it's the app developers themselves that are supposed to check compatibility with 2.2, not the other way around.

If something is broke after a 2.2 update, it's NOT 2.2's fault
. Wipe your phone and set it back up, it's not difficult.. you'll be happier in the end.

Red261

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
You keep saying that you have never rooted or messed with your X. That might be your solution right there. I rooted my X using easyroot but right after the 2.2 upgrade easyroot's method was patched. I rooted using D2's instructions and I have not had problems since I rooted. If you can not use your phone then you really don't have anything to lose by digging into your phone. I can't promise that simply rooting your phone will fix all or any of your problems, but if you're at rock bottom you can only go up.

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
They did release a" fix" update just at launch that we were able to pull to the phone and dl. I hope thu do the same for the ota 2.2 to fix some issues. Apps do cause issues with new updates. If you were rooted you could back them up then clear the whole phone and start over. Not trying to get you on the root wagon but it does have its benefits even if you don't want roms and themes. I cleared my phone a few times sinch launch. You will notice you don't install some of your old apps cause u have no need for them. Good way to keep it clean.