Barcode scanner won't work

spooksmcgee

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else have problems with their barcode scanner? I'm using this barcode scanner:

Barcode Scanner - Android app on AppBrain

and also ShopSavvy and can never get them to scan barcodes. It's like they wont focus at all and the barcodes look blurry in the finder. My barcode scanners worked perfectly the first couple months I had the phone. I'm using Froyo on my DX.

roberte1342

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
It should be continuosly focusing until it grabs a sucessful scan.
Check that your autofocus is working when taking close up pics.

If it still doesn't work in either the camera or barcode app you need to do a factory reset. If it works ok in camera mode and not in barcode app a factory reset will fix it. If not contact vzw to get a replacement phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
How close are you holding it to the barcode? Sometimes the barcode scanner doesn't work, and when that happens it's usually the case that I'm scanning the barcode too closely.

spooksmcgee

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Okay I just realized the camera is not autofocusing. How do I turn this on? When I hold the camera up to the barcode (which has some text above it), I cannot read the text at all. It is blurry. This is the same in the barcode app and the camera app. I just did a factory reset two weeks ago.

John Krehmke

Aug 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem with my Moto X. It will not focus with any of the scanners I use. It does not matter what if it is a bar code or a QR code. The phone will NOT focus no matter what I try.
Very frustrating to say the least.

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
In the two QR scanner apps that i've tried the camera will go in and out of focus and will never actually read the QR code.

In the CamScan app, which enables you to take 'photos' of documents and turn them into PDFs, the camera will go in and out of focus. When it is in focus I quickly push the button to take the photo and when I do that it attempts to focus one more time and as a result actually goes out of focus when the picture is taken.

As I'm having problems with all three scanner apps I think there must be some problem with my Galaxy S5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty