New Droid X User: Please Help!

Timisbananajoe

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Hello, I am a second-day droid user and I love it so far! I am having a small issue that I would Really appreciate advice on, though. I downloaded "Alarm Clock Plus" as my alarm clock and really like the interface. However, last night I left it on the dock (using it as my bedside alarm clock) and the backlight was VERY bright even when I pressed the half-gear looking button to dim the display. It was mostly black (and dim b/c of the button) but still Very very bright. Does anyone have any suggestions/advice? It drove me nuts as I have to have the room really dark to sleep. Please help :( Thanks

mflynn

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't use that app, but rather just the delivered alarm clock. it wakes me up when I need to and to be honest, I don't need to use it to tell the time at night.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Why are you using a third party alarm? I have the DX dock and use the built in alarm, it works great and I never have an issue.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
You could just go back to your home screen. Then it will go black after 30 seconds or so (depending on your settings), but your alarm will still go off at whatever time you have it set.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
If your issue is the screen brightness at night ... about the only good answer is to leave your X face down. You can put the X into Airplane mode where all radio connections are off (no calls, email, etc) during your sleep time... or turn it off entirely, but then you don't have the alarm feature.

There justs isn't anything like the BlackBerry's "bedside mode", unfortunately.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
If your issue is the screen brightness at night ... about the only good answer is to leave your X face down. You can put the X into Airplane mode where all radio connections are off (no calls, email, etc) during your sleep time... or turn it off entirely, but then you don't have the alarm feature.

There justs isn't anything like the BlackBerry's "bedside mode", unfortunately.

When you use the Motorola Desk dock and snap it in, it goes into an alarm clock mode. On the left side is a gear that the OP is talking about that dims the screen to the lowest possible setting but still has a display showing..

I would just leave the stock alarm app on and use that one..

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana