LP+ Locking Up

kismet769

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I've always had issues with my X locking up or freezing. It only happened occasionally and I figured it was just a quirk with the phone as I had seen others with the same issue.

Well, I ventured into the wonderful world of ROMs over the past couple of weeks. That's when my phone started freezing up on a consistent basis. I've been a long time user of Launcher Pro+ and absolutely love it. However, when I flashed ApeX it came with ADW built in so I decided to give it a shot for about thirteen minutes before going back to LP+. Once I did that the lock ups started shortly after. So I went back to ADW and told myself I was going to stick with it for a few days and it started to grow on me. I also noticed that my phone quit freezing up with ADW.

So today I flashed DarkSlide onto my X and went with LP+. It seemed to be running ok but after a couple hours it started locking up my phone again. I switched back to ADW and no lock ups.

I guess I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I know Fede is planning on releasing the new LP+ soon so I'm hoping that I won't have the same issues with it. ADW is great but I really love the widgets that come with LP+.

Does LP+ just not play well with custom ROMs?

dmcman73

May 20, 2010
Visit site
You know, after the latest update I was getting a lot of force closes on LP+ and my phone has been intermittently locking up or rebooting after I plug it into the wall charger. I am rooted but I have not loaded any custom roms or anything like that and it was doing the same thing before I rooted.

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Take a look at the recent Market comments for LauncherPro...it looks like A LOT of people are having problems since the last update.

Arelunde

TECHFAN
Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
After the last update (2.3.340), I had to uninstall and re-install LP+ due to repeated force closes. It works well now, with only an occasional force close, usually if I get impatient with an app and try to close it and open another.