X Not Sending Emails.

Freakin Rican

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
For some reason all my outbound emails are sitting in my outbox folder and not showing in the sent folder. Any ideas on what could be wrong? Tried refreshing and when I did I received a whole bunch of incoming emails but it still didn't send the outbound ones. Thanks for the help.

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Is it on the Gmail app? It happens to me sometimes too. The only fix I have
is to go to settings-applications, click the gmail app and clear data. That's
all that works for it right now. Sucks because you have to redo your settings
for each account again.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen to my Hotmail account on ActiveSync (not sure if this is what you're using for your Comcast email). It wouldn't automatically retrieve my emails unless I refreshed it myself, and it would NEVER send emails at all, they would sit in the Outbox like yours are doing.

I had to go into Settings --> Applications --> then into both of the following: Email and Data Manager --> then force stop both of them, clear the cache and the data. Then I had to reboot the phone.

Yes, I had to re-enter all of my information into ActiveSync for my Hotmail account. But it didn't work until I did all of this. Trust me, I tried for almost a week to get it up and running. Drove me nuts. Let me know if this helps or PM me if you aren't sure what I'm talking about.

Freakin Rican

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everybody for your comments and help. I tried everything with no luck whatsoever so, I regressed to my good old BB days and did a battery pull, voila! Everything is working again. Honestly, I have no idea what happened but the pull fixed it. Again thanks to all for the help!