Random Reboots

bojowaggie

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Hello,
It seems like ever since the GB update my phone reboots itself about once a day. When it reboots the Green light is on and solid. I then have to reboot the phone manually and then it starts working right..
Any ideas??

Thanks in advance.

whiplash473

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yeah mine has done it a couple times since I updated (5 days ago). Not sure what the deal is but im hoping some minor update comes out once they optimize it and get the bugs out.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine does it too since the update. Do you guys use Handcent by any chance? I noticed mine always seems to reboot right after sending a message.

jtornone

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine has been rebooting as well.I'v seen it happen when its been inthe car dock mostly. While playing music or using navigation. I'm using handcent, havnt had any rebooting then. I do hope they put out some sort of update. Other than The reboots, Gingerbread is awesome on this phone.

BigGuyNH

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Mine also has started to do this. While using the GPS, listening to Music or the worst on a phone call. This this is really starting to bug me. I bought this to be able to do more work and now it costs me more time and money.

:(

MunkinDrunky

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I haven't had a single reboot. I'm running Handcent, and the rooted Gingerbread update.

Pretty much what he said minus handcent. Im running ginger-root too and not one reboot or glitch in functionality. There must be some difference in rooted vs stock gingerbread , if there is wonder what..

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much what he said minus handcent. Im running ginger-root too and not one reboot or glitch in functionality. There must be some difference in rooted vs stock gingerbread , if there is wonder what..

That's what it's starting to sound like. I might just do a reset and see if that helps. It hasn't rebooted (as far as I know) in a couple days. The other night it completely shut off. I used it as my alarm and wondered why it never went off. I picked it up and it was off. So for whatever reason it shut down and that was it.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I have had it reboot mostly in the media dock. I also use it for an alarm clock and randomly i'll hear, "Droooiiiidd" while I'm trying to sleep. After it reboots in the dock, I get the steady green light thing. Dim with the screen off, bright with it on. Sometimes I wake up to the green light, which makes me think it rebooted in the night and I just didn't wake up.

Dubbayoo

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site

I'm not so sure. I have a rooted X and my gf has a stock X2. We both have GB issues.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
This morning I couldn't unlock the phone. I would get to the lock screen but there was no slider to unlock the phone. Ended up having to reboot it. Another weird issue though.

Speczorz

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm also having this issue, I'm running GB stock 2.3.3..

The reboot happens randomly, once a day.

Yesterday it happened when my alarm was going off and the alarm froze. The sound blarred for a bit..

Hope it is fixed soon.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting this too. Thinking about going back to froyo and doing the rooted GB. have to find out how, lol.

Really want to love this phone, damn software is making it hard.

bojowaggie

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
These reboots are starting to get irritating.. Now that they got the X Fix update out maybe they will start working on the one for this phone..

GregTheBunny

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I had high hopes for this update, and the phone did seem to run better after, but now it's getting progressively worse. I had two random reboots yesterday and one so far today. I guess a factory reset is in order, but I don't think I should have to do this every few weeks to keep this thing running smoothly.

hkklife

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Ideally, we will see an X2 update to 2.3.4 that adds the Droid 3-style 3D Blur...and fixes all of these "little" lingering bugs. And getting the D3's camera app would be really nice too.

As far as X2 bugs remaining after the GB update, the randrom reset issue is by far the most aggravating to me, though I occaisonally will get a lockup requiring a battery pull. And I still am having a ton of issues with the camera app.

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I think the speed at which devs can cook up a modified ROM makes people think it's a n overnight project to update a phone. At some point, you have to make a priority list and go for it.

It's similar to let's say a hybrid car. When you design it, there may be a certain type of battery available that you will design the car around. If a new battery comes out while the car is in development, at some point, you won't be able to intregrate the new technology and you need to move forward.

To us, we hear about a new OS, but then when a phone comes out 2 - 3 months later with the old version on it, we cry foul.

It could move a little faster in my opinion, but I understand the problem.