Million dollar question - Keyboard

kkwan77#AC

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
How will the keyboard be? I've been reading that the keyboard layout of the slide out is not that great. (buttons are too flush and the layout is not off set thus making it harder to type on)
Also, the responsiveness of the touchscreen keyboard - in the engadget review they mentioned having to install another touchscreen keyboard app to make it more functional.

Questions.....questions......

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
my friend who works at verizon has been playing with it for the past couple days, and he said it's no blackberry keyboard, but you do get used to it and it'll work fine.

personally, so long as it's not crap, i'll take the flat keys and little travel if it means a slide out device that's thinner than my tour.

as far as onscreen, i've been using the one on the mytouch for a few days, and if it's at least as good as that, it should be fine. plus you have the option of the app in the market.

best thing to do is go try it out. i have a feeling if you went to a larger verizon store and asked them, they'd have a device in stock they'd let you try out.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
They (verizon) do have the phone at most stores. I played with it a little and wasn't that good but its not a deal breaker. I have been with Blackberry for years now and never thought I would leave my berries but the Droid has me looking.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
maybe i'll go take a look at it today since i took the day off....at least i would be partially productive then.

ncbryan

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
One of the reviews I read said the touchscreen was comparable to the touch screen of the iphone so it should be doable!

Original Goonie

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I feel like the on-screen keyboard is really nice. The physical keyboard is very different then the blackberrys as I have been used to for years. I have been able to play with one for the past few days and the keyboard does grow on you.

Best i can compare it to is the HTC Touch Pro or Touch Diamond.

SharonW

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I've been reading a lot of different reviews and I'd say Engadget's was the pickiest. They do seem a little anal retentive over there, Josh anyway. :D The physical keyboard reviews run from adequate to just fine, easy to get use to. Nobody has called it horrible. And even the three Engadget reviewers weren't in agreement with each other on it.

kkwan77#AC

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I've been reading a lot of different reviews and I'd say Engadget's was the pickiest. They do seem a little anal retentive over there, Josh anyway. :D The physical keyboard reviews run from adequate to just fine, easy to get use to. Nobody has called it horrible. And even the three Engadget reviewers weren't in agreement with each other on it.

Yes, thats the review I was referring to. I guess I'll have to check it out on Friday to see how it feels.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress