no gps lock-on

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
lately my gps has been refusing to lock on when i open google maps. incredibly frustrating. it works when i reboot the phone, so i am guessing there is a rogue app to blame for this issue. anyone know of any apps notorious for causing an issue like this?

G

GenericMessage

I've actually been having the same issue. But when it locks on, it locks me in different states/countries

colecolecole

Nov 21, 2009
Visit site
i believe it has something to do with this NEW 2.1 update

i also cannot lock on in maps and after reading the new 2.1 update thread this seems to be an issue with the old 2.1

G

GenericMessage

i believe it has something to do with this NEW 2.1 update

i also cannot lock on in maps and after reading the new 2.1 update thread this seems to be an issue with the old 2.1

Mine started well after the update

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
it works when i reboot the phone, so i am guessing there is a rogue app to blame for this issue.
Not necessarily. GPS on the Droid is assisted. It could just be having problems getting the data it needs for an initial fix.

But what GPS-enabled apps are you running? If you suspect them then rule them out to be sure.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
uninstalled where and my weather apps, and it still is stop and go. i did a little research and apparently i am far from the only person having issues with this. there is a thread for it on the android dev page, so hopefully it gets sorted out

rich67

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I noticed this yesterday, and I have been on this update for a while now. So I don't think it is update related. I was using Mytracks, and around 1300 eastern time, it stopped recording. I couldn't get a GPS fix on Mytracks or Google Maps. Today seems to be working fine...just got a fix inside my house on my exact location.