What Apps Are You Running?

JGR4444

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
so i guess my question is for those of you that have downloaded your a** off with this beaut.... how is the performance on the phone effected? noticing any lag yet? coming from the world of BB i cant imagine this still being at optimal level

cizake

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Google Voice
Sipdroid (to make sip calls over 3g)
Astro (file explorer)
Backgrounds
Foursquare
Photoshop.com
Paypal
Qik
Picsay
Fx camera

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
ok, so here's my list.

Amazon app - the barcode scanner makes it so easy to compare prices of something that i see in a store to amazon, who is really the only place to compete with imho.

astrid - nice task list with widget

astro - file manager, however i'm thinking of removing it and just keeping OI

barcode scanner - easy way to find stuff in marketplace

break the blocks - c'mon, i had a blackberry before, how could i not have a brickbreaker equivalent ;)

cardiotrain - great exercising app with a neat idea for mapping runs. i'm thinking of buying the weight tracking part of the app neat way to keep on track.

Fishing 2 go lite - kind of fun, don't know if i'll keep it

Flying Aces - i had a game like this on my storm and missed it. draw flight paths for planes to help them land. fun time waster

GDocks notepad - great notepad app that logs into google docs and saves a copy there for you

Get Pills - great way to remind me to take my meds. noone likes crazy.

Google Sky Map - just plain neat

Google Voice - it's where my voicemails go

Hi AIM - aim.

Hyperspace - kind of neat, like labyrinth but in space again don't know if i'll keep

i music - neat way to find that song you just need right away. don't forget to buy it if you like it! (the song)

imeem mobile - interesting alternative to pandora

light racer - tron meets snake

movies - i like to go to the movies. finds theatres, shows previews, etc.

my verizon - good way to keep track of minutes and txts etc

OI file manager - file manager, more basic than Astro, but it does all i really need.

open sudoku - addicting and brain exercising

pandora - got to have it

photoshop.com mobile - neat and could come in handy

picsay - just plain fun

radiant - fun retro/modern take on space invaders, complete with cheesy dialog. good times

Shazam - handy, find the name of the song playing

speed test - kind of neat, but useless in the long run i guess. probably gonna get uninstalled soon

superpages mobile - handy, the Augmented reality part of it is kind of neat. probably keep it until layar's browser gets updated

Swift - good twitter app

Torrent - Fu - lets me control the transmission bittorrent client on my htpc from anywhere. SO SO HANDY. it's like having a dvr you can make sure is recording your shows from anywhere.

Unit Converter - self explanatory.

Weather Widgets Donate - really nice weather widget with animations, 3 day forecast, HTC style flip clock. well worth the money

so that's about it. wow, i didn't realize i had downloaded so much stuff!

so i guess my question is for those of you that have downloaded your a** off with this beaut.... how is the performance on the phone effected? noticing any lag yet? coming from the world of BB i cant imagine this still being at optimal level

no lag whatsoever. it's freaking amazing and refreshing to be able to use the phone like i should be able to.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Task Killer
Twidgit Lite
Swift
Barcode Scanner
Bartender
Shazam
Pandora
Slacker
PF Voicemail (Visual Voicemail App)
OI File Manager
Tip Calculator
Save MMS

callmebob

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
let me know if you can get shopsavvy to work, it never seems to be able to scan the barcode. but other barcode readers (amazon, and barcode scanner) work just fine.

and for the backgrounds app, how do the backgrounds look on your phone? i used another background app and everything would look like crap (the files weren't in the proper aspect to keep them from having to be cropped)

nice list btw, thanks for the commentary as i'm sure it'll help a lot of people out when looking for apps :)

There is an update to Shop Savvy today and now it works really well. Go to the Market and update.

mskaplan

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site

Good question. I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts as well on this one...

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
In regards to aTrackDog: The phone does this on its own.

Thanks! I never really gave it the chance to do so... got the app before I could :D ...guess I was just overly excited about downloading and customizing

Last edited:

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
let me know if you can get shopsavvy to work, it never seems to be able to scan the barcode. but other barcode readers (amazon, and barcode scanner) work just fine.

Haven't tried shopsavvy yet, but have noticed the other apps work great!

and for the backgrounds app, how do the backgrounds look on your phone? i used another background app and everything would look like crap (the files weren't in the proper aspect to keep them from having to be cropped)

This one looks GREAT! I love it! It has so many wallpapers that look sweet! AND! when you apply them as your wallpaper the pictures I've used are perfectly crisp and the right aspect.

nice list btw, thanks for the commentary as i'm sure it'll help a lot of people out when looking for apps :)

Thats what I'm here for :D Hope some ppl can help me find some more cool apps! The commentary is a must guys! Really helps everyone know what it does beyond the confusing names :D

tdawgui

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site

no lag for me... and you've seen my list :D

Just have to make sure you keep an eye on what apps are running... Make sure if you get a memory hog of a program that is running at all times even when unnecessary that you decide if its really worth it

tyloud78

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
New to the Droid World, former Storm user. In mad need of a Google Voice invite! Any out there? :p Greatly appreciated. tyloud78@gmail.com

droidowner92

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
New to the Droid World, former Storm user. In mad need of a Google Voice invite! Any out there? :p Greatly appreciated. tyloud78@gmail.com

yea we all need em.. just dont make a thread on it. i did and it got locked :rolleyes:

seriously though, do you happen to know how people get extra invites? I don't understand how/where people have(get) extras and give them away...

tyloud78

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
no clue....Hopefully we will get lucky and they will send us a couple. From what i've heard, users who already have google voice recieve a certain number of invites to forward periodically.

That's the word on the streets anyways. :)

Herc130

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
BoFA.....bank of america mbile...free

Fatsecret Calorie Counter....tracks diet and excersize which you can make on the internets with computer and sync to the droid. Not bad at all, does what it does with little fuss, but very bland to look at....free

Act 1 Video Player......was hoping it'd stretch my video to fill the whole screen, but it doesn't seem to do much more then just using no app to run video's.....paid $1.50 I think

Pandora.....music and works great. Free

Robo Defense....only played it once, but supposedly the best tower game for droid. Liked the ipod touch version better.....think I paid $3.99

My Verison.....tells you about your version account, your bill, how much internet you have used etc....free

That's it so far.