Multitouch Coming to DROID?

jexner325#AC

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I have heard that the Euro version of the Motorola Droid is going to have multitouch capability. I am wondering if the Droid will get multitouch (I am hoping it is a software issue not a hardware issue)?

So far I love everything about the Droid, but the ability to zoom via pinch would make this an unreal phone.

Thanks!

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
It is a software issue so to speak but will it ever be enabled on our devices? Who knows but I'm leaning towards no.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
i dont see why not , the code is open to us , we get the euro milestones code and slap it into our code and we should have multi touch

jjenson

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
The Droid does have multi touch right now. Are you talking Pinch To Zoom? But I know I am running games that uses multi touch and they all work for me.

jjenson

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
pic say has pinch to zoom multi touch is enabled just not in browser and some other apps but multi touch is enabled.

Fatasaurus

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
yea i was just about to say... it recongizes multitouch there just arent many apps out now that use it because its the only droid fone with it.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I just wante bigger keys , like iphone style or eris style, but i want it to look clean

Have you tries Better Keyboard Sooks? I have big hands/fingers and couldn't hardlly type on the stock droid keyboard(software portrait) and better keyboard is as good as htc's on the Imagio! The text correction/proximit alogarythm works great!

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Apple claims to have invented and trademarked multitouch. They didn't, or if they did there is no proof, but they have hinted that they would go after anyone who tries to use it in the US.

HTC, Sprint, Palm and MS ignore this nonsense and use it as they please.
RIM, Moto, and Verizon seem to have decided they need to listen.

In any case, as soon as someone roots the droid you'll have it.

As soon as HTC puts out the Sense update for 2.0 and someone roots it you'll have the great KB and autocorrect features, as well as browser flash for the droid. It will take all of 10 minutes to pull them out of the Hero update and post them for everyone to adb push on their droids.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
i think the sense has flash lite in their browser, the droid is supposed to get flash 10.1 sometime next year when adobe releases it.

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Apple claims to have invented and trademarked multitouch. They didn't, or if they did there is no proof, but they have hinted that they would go after anyone who tries to use it in the US.

HTC, Sprint, Palm and MS ignore this nonsense and use it as they please.
RIM, Moto, and Verizon seem to have decided they need to listen.

In any case, as soon as someone roots the droid you'll have it.

As soon as HTC puts out the Sense update for 2.0 and someone roots it you'll have the great KB and autocorrect features, as well as browser flash for the droid. It will take all of 10 minutes to pull them out of the Hero update and post them for everyone to adb push on their droids.

So im still trying to learn this rooting concept , i really want the entire sense UI , on my droid , mainly ( i know this is stupid reason ) but for that sick ass weather app, is this doable ?

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
All devices on Android 2.0 will have native flash when adobe says go. After using some WinMo and Symbian devices with full flash...trust me...Htc's version is the way to go.

It should be fairly easy to push a copy of HTC's 2.0 browser with embedded flash to the droid, but still keep the option to use the full flash should you ever need it. So far the only thing I've come across that can't play using HTC's version are browser based flash games. Animations, forms, layouts, etc all look excellent, and more importantly are fast.

jjenson

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I was just waiting for Adobe to make flash a go for mobile devices. I think it will be really slick seeing it all come together. Especially since I own a Web Development Company will be a nice new offering for people.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
@Sooks - it's doable right now...IF there was a way to push it to the droid. You need permission to write to the system, and you need root for that. It will come....

Besides, I don't think 1.5 supports the res. of the droids screen. Explains why the Hero/Eris kb clones for the dream look so crummy. So paitence is the key. :)

*edit - and that's a damn good reason to want it. When it's rainy - my Hero plays an animation of wiper blades clearing water off the screen :p